Ratings for Dr. Carrie Grounds

I had a terrible experience with her throughout my first pregnancy. I regret that I did not switch doctors over the course of my pregnancy because I honestly left multiple appointments in tears. She had the worst bedside manner that I have ever encountered. The day of my delivery after coming in to the room and insulting me, the nurse that was present told me that it was not okay for her to talk to me that way and that I should fire her if she continued in that manner during my delivery. I would never recommend her to anyone, and I would never see her for medical purposes again.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Horrible! I mean horrible doctor! I am a high risk pregnancy and I called the emergency hotline really concerned about a kidney infection, since my kidneys have been a huge problem in my pregnancy so far. It took her an hour to finally call me back and she went on to tell me that every single pregnant woman will deal with kidney pain, which is true, not a problem. The problem was I was having contractions with the pain and I was really feeling sick. Every time I tried to tell her my symptoms she interrupted me and would not let me get a word in edge wise. She pretty much told me to suck it up and call my own ob gyn in the morning. After I started throwing up and my contractions got worse I then went in to the birthing center and was checked and they tested my urine and it tested POSITIVE for an infection. However, Dr. Grounds didn't feel like there was enough of an infection to put me on antibiotics and told me to go home and call my own doctor in the morning. My normal doctor was horrified to find out that I was sent home with out any antibiotics especially with my urine and culture testing positive. She may be different with her normal patients but I will stay far away from this Doctor.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Dr. Grounds is one of the best Doctors I have ever seen. She is smart, caring, and goes above and beyond. She makes you feel comfortable and at ease. I would recommend her to everyone I know.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

My husband and I were not impressed with Dr. Grounds. Every time we tried to ask questions or express concern she would cut us off and not give us the opportunity to finish our thought. She did always take plenty of time in our appointments however it was only to listen to herself speak. It appears that she was always trying to prove her intelligence, which I don't doubt. I only wish she would have equal talent in her bedside manner. In the end we decided to switch to a physician that is less high strung and obtains better listening skills. We don't want that type of energy around us during the birth of our child.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

Dr. Grounds has been my obgyn for years. Often it is hard to get in to see her, but her PA, Glenna, is fantastic and I can usually see her with little notice. I have not lived in Kansas City for almost 10 years and have retained her as my primary obgyn making sure to grab an appointment when I know I will be in to see family - the office is very understanding and works with my schedule. I have tried many times to find a new doctor and just can't seem to find one I am comfortable with. Dr. Grounds and Glenna always make the whole thing as painless as possible - a trait I find very important in a doctor. I have PCOS and a blood condition called Liden factor which makes me a "tough" patient and they are very knowledgeable about my condition and have helped me manage it even over the phone. I can't recommend this office more highly.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

Dr. Grounds was knowledgeable about my vaginal pain during intercourse (she said it could be a whole list of things), but what she lacked was LISTENING skills. She talks way too much and didn't listen to my symptoms. I had a page written out to talk to her about, and I didn't even get through a fourth of it! She tried to tell me that my pain is all in my head and that I'm causing it by tightening my vaginal muscle. I WAS tightening my muscle, but that's only BECAUSE it hurts! Her treatment was to send me home, telling me to use lube, which I've already been using, and concentrate on not tightening the muscle... Not a caring, listening doctor. Sad, because she does have potential.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

I have PCOS and have a hard time finding knowledgable doctors. Dr. Grounds is one of those. She is very knowledgable and took the time to answer all my questions. I felt at complete ease with her and her staff. Once I filled out the paperwork it was only minutes before I was called back. No staff member ever made me feel hurried and all were polite. I would recommend her to anyone. I wish that I would have found her when I was pregnant with my daughter. I had several issues with the pregnancy. I expressed concerns with Dr. Ground about another pregnancy and she took the time to explain everything. She made sure that I felt comfortable with the plan in place. I will continue to see her for general appt. as well as if we are lucky enough to get pregnant again.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011

It's been awhile since I've been to Dr. Grounds, but she was great for me. My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage - I was bleeding and they got me in right away. My husband was traveling and both Dr. Grounds and ultrasound tech held me when I cried after the ultrasound. My second pregnancy ended with me have pre-eclympsia. Dr. Grounds identified it quickly and my daughter was delivered 5 weeks early. I didn't have any complications and I am grateful at how calm she was, because I certainly was not. I have recommended her to a number of other people who have also had great experiences.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2010

Dr. Grounds was my ob during my pregnancy a year ago. She was obviously very busy but never seemed to be bothered by the long list of questions that we had at almost every appointment. She took time to answer our questions thoroughly and gave us helpful information in order to allow us to make informed decisions during my pregnancy & labor. Dr. Grounds did not end up delivering my daughter as I went into labor in the middle of the night, but she did stop by when I was in the hospital which meant a lot to me. She was also very helpful during my post partum care and helped me make a decision regarding getting back on birth control. Dr. Grounds was very approachable and was a great doctor. I know that I will continue to use her in the future.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2010

Dr. Grounds is not my OB/GYN (I see one of her associates in the practice) but she delivered my son and was very kind. My baby was very healthy and I had no complications either.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2008

Dr. Carrie Grounds's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)