Ratings for Dr. Kelly J. Olsen

He is the best dentist I have ever allowed to work on my teeth . He made me feel at ease was very professional and he did a wonderful job with my implants and dentures. I'm still on the mend from surgery 5 days ago but couldn't be happier . For the first time in my life I can smile . I no longer have to hide my teeth or cover them up when I talk. I have had horrible crooked teeth since I was 2 years old and by 4 I had silver caps . I have grown up with a lifetime of infections toothaches and bad oral issues. Dr Kelly Olsen knows what he is doing. . And Dr Painless was 100% correct for me . I have had no pain or discomfort at all . I now look forward to my check ups teeth cleaning and for my permanent dentures to come . His staff are so sweet and they greeted me in a positive manner and answered every question I had. I love my new dentist snd now refuse to go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

He definitely should find a new profession. He's a living nightmare & has no problem over charging & charging you for horrible service. I had implants done by him. All of the post on the bottom have fallen out and the top posts cause so much pain everyday. My bottom plate kept breaking so he came up with this stupid invention of adding steel mesh to the bottom plate. Not only did this not work, it was so uncomfortable and another cost to me. I stopped seeing him because he does not know what he is doing. I paid well over $16k for nothing that is right and the worse pain ever. Started seeing another dentist who knows about implants and is helping me get through this nightmare. Please do this community a favor and find a new profession, you are a nightmare and very costly, when you don't know what you are doing.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

He is the worst dentist you could possibly go to. He does terrible work and is outrageously priced. He also is not honest. He charges you for work he doesn't even do. Also, if you have a root canal that has gone bad you have to go to a specialist so your insurance will pay for it. He doesn't tell you that and charges you a fortune so he can do it himself. There isn't a single good thing to say about this guy. He needs a new freaking career.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Dr. Olsen is the worst! He will mess you up, then tell everyone that it is their fault! He put so much glue on my temps that I have lost most of my gums. I had had three oral doctors do surgeries and still need more. I rate this doctor 0 and may God have mercy on your soul, because you should not be a dentist! Want to take me to court? let me know, I wear my dancing shoes on!!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

I went to Dr Olsen a couple of years ago and he recommend putting in 8 implants. I was so upset with how I felt and looked after this was done. I had a huge overbite that was never there before. Nothing fit right and I was and still in daily pain. I had to finance the whole procedure I felt stuck with what I got. I couldn't stand the pain any more so I wrote a letter to the staff several months later and they asked me to come back. Olsen was fairly rude and short about the situation and readjusted the dentures. I still have an overbite, not as severe, and still in daily pain. I can not wait to get the dentures out every day. I have no money or desire to see this dentist again. I recently went to another dentist in town for one of my husbands visit and told him about my experience. He said he wasn't surprised and that I was not the first person today to be there after seeing Dr. Olsen. Apparently, he has several. I was horrified to hear this. It was recommended that I report my experience to the Dental Board. I hope that there are not a lot of patients of Dr Olsen that are suffering from daily pain and not saying anything as I have.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

He put in implants and used artificial bone witch came right out of my gums. He did 5 implants and non of them stayed in! I had to see 3 specialist to redo all of his work! I ended up spending $60,000.00 after seeing Mr. Olsen!! He cares about the money not his work. I think all of us who suffered at hands should take him to court!!! I don't even trust him with my dog's teeth!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2014

Dr. Kelly J. Olsen's response
I am trying to think of one case I have done where 5 implants have not stayed in and I cannot think of any. If the implants did come right out after being done it would not have been a 60,000 dollar problem to fix. I have never charged anyone that amount for anything in 20 years. There are many ways to make money and I certainly would not do dentistry if it was just for the money without caring about my work and my patients. My philosophy has and always will be patients first. I have always worked hard to be very fair and resolve any problems that have occurred over the last 20 years. I have placed thousands of implants with success and am sorry you had the experience you did without feeling comfortable to let me help you resolve it. Dr. Olsen

Submitted January 29, 2015

I went to Dr Olson for a denture. After coming back 8 times for fittings and adjustments the denture still does not fit correctly. The last time I was there he told me that this was the best I was going to get. I think he knew the denture was made wrong but was not willing to have it redone at his cost. I feel very ripped off and will now have to pay someone else to have one made correctly at my cost. My insurance covered very little due to the prices he charges. Every time I eat I think about Dr. Olson. Not very fondly. If you need a denture do not go to him. His lab obviously does not know what they are doing. He is very rude when you ask that he makes things right, like you are expecting too much to have something you pay for to be correct. Not happy at all.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

Dr. Kelly J. Olsen's response
For many people 8 adjustments is needed for adjustments to dentures. I give unlimited adjustments with the dentures and do not charge after a certain amount like some dentists do. Sometimes dentures will not ever fit well without implants. If a denture is made wrong I would be the first to rectify the situation and have always done so. I am always happy to resolve any problem someone is having and can almost always come to solution that is satisfactory for both parties. I am sorry you felt I was very rude. I always try to be respectful to everyone whatever the situation. Dr. Olsen

Submitted January 29, 2015

Dr. Olsen advertises painless dentistry, but my wife has never experienced more pain from a dentist. We had a dental implant surgery performed by Dr. Olsen and he failed to administer any antibiotics. As a result she developed an infection, which resulted in the implant having to be removed. Subsequently, he tried the implant a second time, once again not prescribing any antibiotics even though my wife asked specifically to receive them. The implant became infected once again. My wife has never experienced so much pain and when we called Dr. Olsen to inform him he indicated that it would be fine and that she needed to take some IBUprofin. After the second failed implant he said we could try a third time. When we visited our new dentist he said there had been a lot of bone loss and that he always puts people on antibiotics before administering a dental implant. Dr. Olsen should have recommended an oral surgeon after the first mishap. I would never recommend Dr. Olsen to anyone!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

Dr. Kelly J. Olsen's response
This case I remember very well. Part of the problem with this case was too much time in between visits and waiting too long to come back to be seen. It is not the standard of care to prescribe antibiotics when implants are placed on a routine basis. That is over medicating and can build resistance to antibiotics for the times they are needed. It is not and has never been my practice when they are in severe pain to tell someone “it will be fine”. In the rare times implants fail it is common to place a second and even more rare times to place a third and have them work. This case was resolved satisfactorily between both of us which was not mentioned. Dr. Olsen

Dr. Kelly J. Olsen's Credentials