Ratings for Dr. Marcia Sawa

What more than three independent websites, with the highest ranking being 2.1 of the three, do you need to know? I did my research on Marcia after my visits, not before like I should have. Two office visits hurt more than I could have ever known. I have been seeking regular psychiatrist visits since last fall and am horrified after reading the very precise and true reviews that this person was ever allowed near me! Horrible.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2019

This is the worst medical experience of my entire life. I'm traumatized. I've seen dozens of mental health specialists over the past 10 years... this is the first review I've ever written for a doctor, but this was truly mind-blowingly bad. I left the appointment crying hysterically.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2019

Like many others, my experience with Dr. Sawa was traumatic. BELIEVE THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS; STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS SAD EXCUSE OF A HUMAN. Dr. Sawa is rude, mean, condescending, and just absolutely miserable. She berated me for my entire appointment and after about 5 minutes of talking, she came to the conclusion that I was misdiagnosed and was essentially faking my mental illness (that I was diagnosed with 9 years ago and treated for ever since). My appointment was hours ago and I am still feeling terrible. I am stunned that someone like Sawa even exists, let alone practices medicine.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2019

These comments were not written by one person. Her incompetence and recklessness have been reported by multiple former patients to Northshore and to the state of Illinois. I was misdiagnosed by her in the summer of 2015 - somehow she was able to diagnose one of the most complicated stigmatizing disorders after a few sessions. Had I stayed her patient, I would probably not be alive to write this post. The only reason I am writing this here, is because I was I was just leaving a five star recommendation on this site for another doctor in Chicago, who took the time to take a thorough history and correctly diagnose me - not Dr. Sawa's nonsense. the quality of my life has vastly improved because of him. Thought I would check out the comments on Dr. Sawa. The negative reviews are accurate, and most certainly not from one individual.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2018

I thought she was GONE. I received her letter of resignation from NSUHS in 9/2016. Yet, now she shows up as a member of my so-called CareTeam. Talk about waving a red flag in front of a bull! No one seems to understand how terrible my 20 minutes with her (in 2014) actually were. HOW CAN SHE ACTUALLY BE ON MY CARETEAM? This is just cruel.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Negative reviews seem to have all been written by one person. This doctor has a progressive attitude about empowering patients to take control of their own treatment.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Horrible person, nasty, hostile, rude. Intensely disliked by majority of her patients. Reported to IL Dept of Prof'l Regulation, North Shore Med. Group, her division chair, F. Miller. But hey... I loved her in The Wizard of Oz.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

Astonishingly rude, belittling. When I told her of my daughter's symptoms, she glared at me and said "Spare me your diagnosis". Should not be allowed to practice.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Rude. One of the worst experiences with a doctor that I've ever had. I wish I had seen all the other reviews before I went. She berated me, leaving me anxious and almost to tears. I find it inconceivable that she is in practice.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I was forced to see Dr. Sawa since my new insurance plan was out of network with my old psychiatrist. Dr. Sawa is one of the worst medical professionals I have ever met. She didn't listen to a single thing I said and wanted to change all of my medications that I have been on for years. She said I my diagnosis was wrong, and was taking me off medications that I consider essential. I begged her not to, but she flat out refused. She then wanted to put me on new meds that I didnt want or need. Her bedside manner is a joke. She was rude and condescending the entire time, and insulting to the point that it made me visibly angry. I should have walked out. I will never come back to this hack. I would rather pay out of pocket and see my old doctor.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Dr. Marcia Sawa's Credentials

• Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Coventry Healthcare