Ratings for Dr. Jonathan A. Donath

When I first walked into Dr. Johnathan Donath office, he was friendly, professional and experienced. I immediately felt safe and calm. Dr. Johnathan Donath asked me questions about my injuries, I explained to him that my cushion in my neck was out of place due to a yellow taxi crashing into my car then driving off (a hit and run) that's what caused my injuries. My first session with Dr. Johnathan Donath was incredible,I felt instant relief his hands were magical, Dr. Johnathan Donath was very patiant with me. In addition, my second session was even greater than before and I am confident to say that all my continued sessions will be remarkable. Thank you Dr. Johnathan Donath & To All Your Staff All of you are incredible.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

I play baseball for my high school team, and for the past two years I have had severe pain in my throwing elbow. Several times the pain became unbearable and I wasn't able to play. I was recommended to Dr. Donath by my parents, both of whom have also received treatment from Dr. Donath. Dr. Donath explained to me that I had tendonitis in my elbow and through several appointments I would be able to get back to 100% again. Now I feel great and am very excited to get back to playing baseball. Dr. Donath and his staff really helped me recover from tendonitis. I feel better than ever!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

"As a federal law enforcement agent my job is dependent upon my physical well-being.  In August I injured my lower back (two herniated disks) after an overly aggressive workout routine. I am 35 years old and fight hard to convince my body that I am still 22.  My body won.  After a reasonable number of visits to Dr. Donath and no shots or surgery, I am pain-free and have returned to a full range of motion. Dr. Donath not only relieved my pain but more importantly provided me with the lifetime knowledge necessary to properly care for my back.  Thanks to his direction, I am able to still maintain a physical fitness routine that is appropriately challenging but not damaging to my back.  Dr. Donath has a vast amount of medical knowledge and an impressive ability to share it in an incredibly empowering manner."

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

For about a year with back pain, I had tried everything my general doctor and back doctor would recommend, stretching and strengthening exercises, steroids pills, injections, support belt, etc., but nothing worked. The pain was still there. I had stopped exercising, started gaining weight and I was almost losing hope. I then decided to try Dr. Donath\'s spinal decompression, even though I was suspicious of procedures generalists ignored.Dr. Donath was an amazing motivating force behind the stretching, strengthening exercises and support belt which he redirected, but added the all important spinal decompression. I very quickly saw results, and for the first time knew I was on the right path. Dr. Donath’s care for my problems, level of attention and patience following through on my progress was amazing. Within 3 short months, my pain had totally disappeared. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

Unlike many of Dr. Donath's patients who come to him after years of chronic back pain, I saw him immediately after injuring my spine - and I am very glad I did! In March 2011, while moving a chair, I felt a sharp pain in my lower back that shot all the way down my right leg. It left me gasping for air and barely able to move. An urgent care doctor referred me to Dr. Donath, who kindly agreed to stay late in the office to see me right away. An MRI confirmed his diagnosis of a severe herniation in my L4/L5 discs - had I gone to an orthopedic doctor, I almost certainly would have had surgery immediately. Dr. Donath recommended Spinal Decompression instead. Amazingly, I started to feel better within days and stopped taking any pain medication after less than two weeks. Those 22 minutes became my daily moment of Zen! Because of the severity of the injury, I continued the treatment for ten weeks. There were some ups and downs during that time, but by the end, I was virtually without pain. Back trouble may be a lifelong issue, but this treatment and the right kind of exercise make it a manageable one. I truly appreciate Dr. Donath's honest, thoughtful and thorough approach to treating his patients. Thanks to him and his staff, I will be going skiing with my family this winter!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

I am a 50 year old business owner living in Westchester. I had been living a very active lifestyle for many years which included personal-training, Pilates and Tango dancing. I sustained an injury, which an MRI revealed consisted of three herniated discs. I was in severe lower back pain which made dressing myself an ordeal each morning. A friend referred me to Dr. Jonathan Donath, who saw me immediately on the day I called. After explaining my injury to me as well as the treatment options; I opted for the spinal decompression course in order to regain my active lifestyle. Within two (2) months time, I am now pain-free and slowly returning to all of my prior activities. Dr. Donath and his excellent team were professional, courteous and supportive throughout my treatments. Each step was explained to me in detail, including the daily exercises I needed to commence to strengthen and stretch my back. Further, Dr. Donath encouraged my exploring non-impact exercises I could do during my treatments. I started swimming twice a week during my treatment period and will continue to do so. I wholeheartedly endorse Dr. Donath and his capable staff. He has given me back my lifestyle and has taught me how to protect my back as well.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

I would like to thank Dr.Donath for his advice and the treatment I received for back pain. I am currently in my 5th month of pregnancy and am doing pretty well. I had sciatica of my right leg and suffered unbearable pain with numbness restricting my daily activities. I must say although I had pain while I was undergoing the treatment, the relief I received afterward was worth it all. I did not have to taken any pain medications and with 3 treatments, I was doing incredibly well. I have never received any prior chiropractic treatment and hence was quite apprehensive of the same at first but am very glad that I came to the right place and thankfully am now pain free!!! Thank you Dr.Donath. My husband and I truly appreciate your help!!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Dr. Donath is amazing.  As an internist, I have to decide between traditional western medicine and chiropractic care for my patients with back pain and other joint-related complaints. Dr. Donath's thorough and comprehensive approach to care allows my patients to get relief faster and less invasively. The result is invariably positive. One of my patients said he got his life and golf game back after seeing Dr. Donath. Another said that he was able to get rid of a pain she had for over 5 years in just a few sessions. I can confirm his success first-hand: Dr. Donath relieved my chronic pain with multiple techniques: manipulation, spinal decompression, vitamins and supplements, exercise and stretching. His hands-on approach and love of his work is reflected by the excellent results he gets.  I continue to send my friends, family and patients to Dr. Donath because I know he gets results.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

As a board-certified internist who has been in practice for over 13 years, I spend much of my time attempting to alleviate the pain and suffering of my patients.  As a clinician, one of the biggest challenges I face is helping my patients deal with musculoskeletal and neuropathic pain syndromes-those all-too- common, yet frequently debilitating ailments caused by bad backs, pinched nerves, arthritis, and the like.  Unfortunately, much of what I have to offer my patients boils down to the following: take a pain pill, stretch if you can, wait, and hope for the best. After a failed trial of "conservative" therapy a call might go out to the orthopedic surgeon for assistance; a truly satisfactory result is not common. The simple fact is that physicians are not well trained to deal with musculoskeletal pain, and patients can suffer as a result. Thankfully, my views on this topic have been turned completely upside down since I have personally discovered Dr. Jonathan Donath's outstanding practice.   After beginning a vigorous exercise regimen I started to experience awful neck and upper back pain, accompanied by numbness and tingling down my left arm and fingers. For weeks I tried to nurse the pain with non steroidal anti-inflammatory medication, but the pain persisted and got to the point that I was almost unable to work, sleep, or most importantly, play guitar. I was literally in tears from the excruciating pain. A neurosurgeon diagnosed a herniated disc and pinched nerve in my neck and offered to decompress it with an operation. In desperation I called Dr. Donath instead. My visit to Dr. Donath's office was an outstanding experience. He spent about an hour with me and combined multiple modalities to fix the herniated disc in my neck: deep massage, active release techniques, traditional manipulation, cold therapy, and finally spinal decompression. After that first hour with Dr. Donath my pain had decreased from a 10/10 down to a manageable 4/10, and I was able to comfortably move my head and neck. That very night I was able to play guitar again. Two days later I went back for another series of treatments and the pain decreased even further. After about five days the pain was absolutely gone. Unbelievable! Since then he has used the same wonderful techniques to help me overcome painful bouts of sciatica as well. My own patients and family members have become "believers" in Dr. Donath's abilities as well--- the results he achieves are real and lasting.  He is my go to guy for the majority of musculoskeletal and neuropathic pain syndromes that I now realize are truly treatable.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

I came to see Dr. Donath after I was referred to him by a colleague. I had been suffering with numbness in my leg following a herniated disk for about two years. Tired of the constant numbness, I was eager to try anything to restore the feeling to my leg. In spite of the fact that I had to travel from New Jersey several times a week, I was highly motivated to find relief. I felt an immediate improvement as soon as I started the treatment and it was amazing to finally regain feeling in my leg after so long. Dr. Donath and all his staff were amazingly warm and concerned about my well being and I looked forward to the relaxing time during the treatments. I have regained a significant amount of feeling in my leg and I no longer wake up with back pain on a daily basis. I would highly recommend the treatment and in particular the highly competent office of Dr. Donath and his staff.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Dr. Jonathan A. Donath's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jonathan Donath is a graduate of the University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic. He graduated Summa Cum Laude and was the valedictorian of his class. He also has a Masters degree in Human Nutrition. Dr. Donath in one of the foremost experts on Non-surgical Spinal Decompression Therapy in the Tri-state area. This amazing FDA cleared treatment is for the most severe herniated discs, degenerative disc disease and failed back surgery cases. Dr. Donath prides himself on helping patients who thought surgery was their only option. Dr. Donath is also certified and specializes in Active Release Techniques (ART) and Graston Technique. ART and Graston are known as the most effective treatments available for treating soft tissue injuries. These hands-on, non-invasive techniques are designed to break up adhesions and scar tissue that typically result from repetitive stress, overuse, and trauma. Dr. Donath is known for getting his patients better fast even when other doctors could not. Over 50 medical doctors in Westchester, NYC and CT call Dr Donath their chiropractor and refer their patient's to him. This is because he gets results fast when others couldn't. His techniques include: Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression Therapy, Active Release Technique, Graston Technique, Diversified Chiropractic Manipulative Therapy, Cold Laser Therapy, Pain Neutralization Technique, Webster Technique, and the Neil Asher Technique. After he gets patients out of pain, he teaches them specific core strengthening exercises so they don't need to come back to him. His Master's degree in nutrition allows him to give free nutritional advice along the way. When a patient has a foot, knee, or hip problem, he utilizes a sophisticated scanner with 4096 sensors that watches patients walk at 300 frames per second. It analyzes gait patterns (the way they walk) in order to customize shoe orthotics to correct any imbalance.

• Back Pain