Ratings for Dr. Stanley D. Handler

flag | Submitted November 12, 2011

Rude, crotchety old bag who seems like he should've retired a long time ago. Went in with a nasty infection on my finger, first thing he says to me "you look awful! you dying or something?" Thus why im at a doctors office. Prescribed me an ineffective anti-biotic, told me if the finger got worse i'd have to go to an E.R. to have it lanced. Used several curse words also in the course of the visit.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2010

Handler is a loser. Does not seem to care. Hysterical staff. Depressing office. He will do anything to have you pay him another visit to run up those bills.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2009

This doctor does not keep up with the field. He prescribes with abandon. One example: He prescribed Vioxx for my arthritis pain. (This was before Vioxx had been publicly implicated in causing heart attacks.) The Vioxx raised my blood pressure (for which he was treating me)to a dangerous level. On my next quarterly checkup he took me off of Vioxx when he realized what he had done. But a few months latter he prescribed it again! When I reminded him of the effect, he switched me to Bextra. This raised my blood pressue even more. Fortunately an emergency doctor caught this at 216/120. (I keep the figures on a piece of paper as a reminder of what bad medicine can do. My current doctor has my blood pressure under control at around 120/70. Beware. This is serious stuff. An affiliation with Montifiore Hospital unfortunately does not guarantee competence.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2007

Very poor bedside manner (borders on downright nasty). Even worse, I believe his carelessness and failure to properly diagnose medical conditions has resulted in patient's death

flag | Submitted May 6, 2006

Dr. Stanley D. Handler's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1963)