Ratings for Dr. Henry Solow

Dr. Solow 's only asset is his secretary Beth. I have more confidence in her. Do not walk away from this dr ... Run ! My life has been destroyed because Solow didn't listen to my symptoms . Told me my body pain was all in my head . He made me feel like it wasn't real . I suffered a heart attack and a angioplasty . What hell. As my mobility got worse I finally demanded an X-ray . My cartilege in my knees were both gone as a result of the intense threatment that I responded badly too due to an autoimmune disorder I had. A blood test would have shown and if he had just listened to me ......not everyone should have the same cocktails ... Quality of life is important . If I had known I would have sought other treatment. At 49 yrs old, I've had my first excruciating knee replacement , bilateral mast angioplasty hysterectomy .... He just washed his hands of me. Thanks taking away everything I loved in my life. I wish I never ever met this uncaring arrogant ass !

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Our experience is the exact opposite of the person posting the rating before me. Dr Solow is the most caring and efficient Dr. We have ever had to care for our father, He DOES respond personally to e-mails and has done so even while on vacation out of the country. How many other Dr.'s would even provide an e-mail address to his patients for direct communication? One in a million, him! He actually makes you feel like you are his only patient and bends over backwards to make life better for those dealing with their cancer and in our case, other medical issues as well. You may have to wait a bit for in the waiting room for him...but that is because he doesn't rush patients when they are in with him. He answers every question completely and calmly even if the waiting room is full. His staff is amazing too.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

He has a huge ego if you ask questions. Do not waste your time emailing him he never gets back to you. Not sure if he is a good doctor or not so I can not rate for his knowledge. I had my general doctor tell me my blood test came back with concerns emailed him no response. I am so disappointed in him. So many would give anything to be excepted to medical school and become a doctor after years of school and he makes you feel like your health is a bother to him. What a waste of such a gift. Shame on you Dr Solow.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

Dr Solow was the only doctor who could figure out what was wrong with my mother. He was very patient, kind, and respectful. He took the time to answer all my questions and was very caring about all of our concerns. I can't thank him enough.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

Dr Solow looked after my mother. He was so kind and caring. I can't thank him enough.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Prescribed me the wrong medication that isn't even available in Canada. My treatment was postponed by a year because of him. Does my return calls does not follow up. I am looking for a new doctor. Very disappointed. This is my life not a business.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Top notch physician at Markham-Stouffville Hospital. Very knowledgeable in his field. Makes follow-up phonecalls. Very approachable and personable., passionate about his calling.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Dr Sollow has treated me for CLL for over three years now. He has been one of the best Dr's I have ever had. Very knowledgeable, very factual, very helpful. Even when I was hurt in an ATV accident this past summer, the ER doctors called him for supporting info and he helped them immediately. He even called me after to see how I was recovering, and it wasn't even an issue that really affected his field of care. Wish all the specialists I have dealt with over the years were as good as Dr Sollow.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

I can't agree with any of the negative comments about Dr. Solow. He is a great listener, talks straight and has taken excellent care of me.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Diagnosed by Dr. Solow in the fall. Not treated until family dr. demanded that treatment start. Staff was very rude. Treatment finally started in February. Two treatments in and new drug in the chemo caused extreme problems resulting in a 5 month stay in hospital. Never followed up with Dr. Solow. Calls went unreturned.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016