Ratings for Dr. Henry Solow

I can't agree with any of the negative comments about Dr. Solow. He is a great listener, talks straight and has taken excellent care of me.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Diagnosed by Dr. Solow in the fall. Not treated until family dr. demanded that treatment start. Staff was very rude. Treatment finally started in February. Two treatments in and new drug in the chemo caused extreme problems resulting in a 5 month stay in hospital. Never followed up with Dr. Solow. Calls went unreturned.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Two of my family members died under his care. Do your home work!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

I was a patient of Dr. Solow back in 2002. After a few months and a lot of research I realized he had no plan (or time) to deal with my cancer. To make a long story short I demanded to be sent to Princess Margaret and am still alive today thanks to the care there. Amazing he is still practicing. I believe he was the only oncologist in Markham at the time so he got everyone, with every type of cancer.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

I don't use the word 'quack' lightly but this so-called Doctor is a complete incompetent who masquerades as an oncologist. He has absolutely no vested interest in his patients, doesn't communicate, shows up infrequently and makes little or no attempt to effect a proper diagnosis.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

Never ever ever ever gets back to you. Your health is a joke to him.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Amazing Dr. Very Helpful and takes tome to listen and assist you in every way he can.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015

Henry and I first met when I was in ICU after biopsy surgery. He was compassionate but straight forward. He arranged for a homecare nurse for me. He was always positive that my condition (Lymphoma) would be resolved, even when I wasn't so sure. His staff is great and the nurses at medical day were fantastic. When I had complications from chemo, he resolved them quickly. Essentially, he and his staff saved my life. He is sometimes late for an appointment at his office but that has, in my experience, because he spends time with his patients and often has to deal with medical emergencies or matters at the chemo clinic. He really does care. He has to deal with people who are very sick and does a great job with that. I would recommend him to anyone. I would say that during my follow up treatment, we've even become friends. Top notch in my books.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

I saw Dr Solow for the first time last September. It took him until January to get me a bone marrow biopsy which hurt a lot more than a previous one that was done at Sunny Brook. He finally put me on neupogen in March, did not do any follow up or find the cause of my neutropenia. He was supposed to send me to see an Immunologist at St. Michael H. since April 2015. Each time I followed up with his secretaries, they tell me that they will call me back and never do. I had an evaluation of my bone marrow biopsy done by the Boston cancer Institute and they mention that some test are missing in the bone marrow that could have help finding the cause and then have the proper treatment plan. Now I have to find another Hematologist and wait six months for an appointment and in the mean time I have severe neutropenia and many infections. It seems to me that my case is too complex for him so he rather ignore it then try to resolve it. Maybe he is too busy but then he should not take so many patients.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

I wish I can rate Dr. Solow and his staff lower. His staff makes up excuses for him, then Solow tries to blame the family. He never responses to questions, he waiting until it is too late before doing anything. He should be thrown out. Pathetic... If you get recommended to use him, find someone else.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015