You may also like

Rate Dr. Henry Solow

Dr. Henry Solow's Ratings

I saw Dr Solow for the first time last September. It took him until January to get me a bone marrow biopsy which hurt a lot more than a previous one that was done at Sunny Brook. He finally put me on neupogen in March, did not do any follow up or find the cause of my neutropenia. He was supposed to send me to see an Immunologist at St. Michael H. since April 2015. Each time I followed up with his secretaries, they tell me that they will call me back and never do. I had an evaluation of my bone marrow biopsy done by the Boston cancer Institute and they mention that some test are missing in the bone marrow that could have help finding the cause and then have the proper treatment plan. Now I have to find another Hematologist and wait six months for an appointment and in the mean time I have severe neutropenia and many infections. It seems to me that my case is too complex for him so he rather ignore it then try to resolve it. Maybe he is too busy but then he should not take so many patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2906810].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2015

I wish I can rate Dr. Solow and his staff lower. His staff makes up excuses for him, then Solow tries to blame the family. He never responses to questions, he waiting until it is too late before doing anything. He should be thrown out. Pathetic... If you get recommended to use him, find someone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2878242].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Dr. Solow is incredibly rude and condescending. He should learn some proper bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2868979].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

I find doctor solow is rude, impatient and when you ask questions he doesn't respond to you. It was the first time I went in not knowing anything about cancer and he never explained anything and when you try to ask questions he brushes you off. I noticed he had an award on the wall for empathy etc. But funny thing it was a while ago since he last received that award. His actions shows why he hasn't received it since and so long ago. He showed no compassion or empathy. It was like he only had 5 min to talk and move on to the next patient. If your family physician recommends him please seriously look somewhere else. With cancer, you need someone who can explain things and provide compassion and empathy. He is one of the worst doctor out there. I really wonder why he ever got into becoming a doctor if he doesn't care for his patients. Similar to some of the comments below, it was said he was not responsive to emails and phone calls and that was true in this case too. I would suggest he go back to get training in mannerism as he clearly has none.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2855429].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

Dr Solow was my mothers oncologist. I feel that he did not take care of my mother as he should have. He should have recommended Chemo a to begin 3 weeks after surgery but didn't. Instead too much time went by between surgery, post scan and death. Dr Solow prognosed my mother only by reading the scan on the computer without seeing her physically. His prognosis was that my mother had 6-9 months of life left and she passed 2 weeks later. I just feel that a man of his expertise could have done better by my mother. Im sure there are others that this has happened too and will in the future. I recommmend using another oncologist and ask more questions.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2832291].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Dr Solow looked after my mother. He was the most wonderful, caring, thoughtful, physician. My mother adored him, and both of us were so impressed with the time he took to explain everything, his optimism, and his answers were always given in a language we could understand. I know he's really busy but it's because the demand of the community are so great. I appreciate everything he did for my mother. He was available on weekends, by email, and in person. My mother laughed so much when she was chatting with Dr Solow, which seemed impossible to me given that she was so ill. I will always be grateful that Dr Solow was my mother's physician as he went the extra mile. Dr Solow was respectful, compassionate, and knowledgable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2721845].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2015

A very rude doctor to with with; no bedside manner or respect for staff and families. Does not understand active listening and treats coworkers poorly.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2652521].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2014

HAVE A RELATIVE SEEING DR. SOLOW FOR CANCER CARE. AGREED WITH OTHER USERS WHO HAVE COMMENTED THAT HE HAS TAKEN IN TOO MANY PATIENT IN THE MARKHAM AREA AND AS A RESULT DOESN'T SPEND ENOUGH CARE AND ATTENTION TO INDIVIDUAL PATIENT. WHEN RAISING CONCERN ON AN ON GOING PROBLEMETIC ISSUE HE DID NOT INVESTIGATE THE PROBLEM THOROUGHLY AND EVEN PATIENT HAS SUGGESTED SOME POTENTIAL SOLUTION THAT HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP BY THE STAFF IN THE CHEMO CLINIC AND HE DIDN'T REACT OR INVESTIGATE THE SUGGESTED SOLUTION. AT LAST HE DID GO WITH SUGGESTED SOLUTION AND PATIENT'S PROLONG PROBLEM HAS FINALLY RESOLVED

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2646428].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

I was a patient of Dr. Solow quite a few years ago and I can see from reading these reviews that not much has changed. I was not at all satisfied with his care. He takes on far too many patients and consequently he is not available to talk with people. Patients are not legislated. Treat 50 patients extremely well rather than 150 patients poorly. I sincerely question whether or not it is just volume of patients. I don't think he is as knowledgable as he would have you think. Always get a second opinion when dealing with Dr. Solow.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2582895].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Solow for blood work. He requested a comprehensive set of tests. The Dr. informed me it could take over a month to get the results. Two months later, I followed up. No response. 3 months later, I followed up again. The receptionist kindly informed me that the fastest way to get a response was to email the Dr. using a specific subject line. I wrote to the Dr. and received an automated response indicating he would respond directly in day or so.

Another month has gone by. I have followed up with another request to share my test results.
Still waiting to hear back. If he burns me off again I may have to return to GP and the start the whole referral process over again.

To be fair I cannot speak to Dr. Solow's competence. When your test results are overdue you may need to follow-up with his office frequently. Don't assume they will contact you when they should or respond when they say.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2544272].votes_count ]]