Never ever ever ever gets back to you. Your health is a joke to him.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015

Henry and I first met when I was in ICU after biopsy surgery. He was compassionate but straight forward. He arranged for a homecare nurse for me. He was always positive that my condition (Lymphoma) would be resolved, even when I wasn't so sure. His staff is great and the nurses at medical day were fantastic. When I had complications from chemo, he resolved them quickly. Essentially, he and his staff saved my life. He is sometimes late for an appointment at his office but that has, in my experience, because he spends time with his patients and often has to deal with medical emergencies or matters at the chemo clinic. He really does care. He has to deal with people who are very sick and does a great job with that. I would recommend him to anyone. I would say that during my follow up treatment, we've even become friends. Top notch in my books.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

I saw Dr Solow for the first time last September. It took him until January to get me a bone marrow biopsy which hurt a lot more than a previous one that was done at Sunny Brook. He finally put me on neupogen in March, did not do any follow up or find the cause of my neutropenia. He was supposed to send me to see an Immunologist at St. Michael H. since April 2015. Each time I followed up with his secretaries, they tell me that they will call me back and never do. I had an evaluation of my bone marrow biopsy done by the Boston cancer Institute and they mention that some test are missing in the bone marrow that could have help finding the cause and then have the proper treatment plan. Now I have to find another Hematologist and wait six months for an appointment and in the mean time I have severe neutropenia and many infections. It seems to me that my case is too complex for him so he rather ignore it then try to resolve it. Maybe he is too busy but then he should not take so many patients.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

I wish I can rate Dr. Solow and his staff lower. His staff makes up excuses for him, then Solow tries to blame the family. He never responses to questions, he waiting until it is too late before doing anything. He should be thrown out. Pathetic... If you get recommended to use him, find someone else.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

I find doctor solow is rude, impatient and when you ask questions he doesn't respond to you. It was the first time I went in not knowing anything about cancer and he never explained anything and when you try to ask questions he brushes you off. I noticed he had an award on the wall for empathy etc. But funny thing it was a while ago since he last received that award. His actions shows why he hasn't received it since and so long ago. He showed no compassion or empathy. It was like he only had 5 min to talk and move on to the next patient. If your family physician recommends him please seriously look somewhere else. With cancer, you need someone who can explain things and provide compassion and empathy. He is one of the worst doctor out there. I really wonder why he ever got into becoming a doctor if he doesn't care for his patients. Similar to some of the comments below, it was said he was not responsive to emails and phone calls and that was true in this case too. I would suggest he go back to get training in mannerism as he clearly has none.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

Dr Solow was my mothers oncologist. I feel that he did not take care of my mother as he should have. He should have recommended Chemo a to begin 3 weeks after surgery but didn't. Instead too much time went by between surgery, post scan and death. Dr Solow prognosed my mother only by reading the scan on the computer without seeing her physically. His prognosis was that my mother had 6-9 months of life left and she passed 2 weeks later. I just feel that a man of his expertise could have done better by my mother. Im sure there are others that this has happened too and will in the future. I recommmend using another oncologist and ask more questions.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Dr Solow looked after my mother. He was the most wonderful, caring, thoughtful, physician. My mother adored him, and both of us were so impressed with the time he took to explain everything, his optimism, and his answers were always given in a language we could understand. I know he's really busy but it's because the demand of the community are so great. I appreciate everything he did for my mother. He was available on weekends, by email, and in person. My mother laughed so much when she was chatting with Dr Solow, which seemed impossible to me given that she was so ill. I will always be grateful that Dr Solow was my mother's physician as he went the extra mile. Dr Solow was respectful, compassionate, and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

Dr. Henry Solow's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Never ever ever ever gets back to you. Your health is a joke to him."

November 6, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Amazing Dr. Very Helpful and takes tome to listen and assist you in every way he can. "

November 1, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Henry and I first met when I was in ICU after biopsy surgery. He was compassionate but straight forward. He arranged for a homecare nurse for me. He was alwa..."

October 23, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr Solow for the first time last September. It took him until January to get me a bone marrow biopsy which hurt a lot more than a previous one that was d..."

August 27, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I wish I can rate Dr. Solow and his staff lower. His staff makes up excuses for him, then Solow tries to blame the family. He never responses to questions, he w..."

July 27, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Solow is incredibly rude and condescending. He should learn some proper bedside manner."

July 17, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I find doctor solow is rude, impatient and when you ask questions he doesn't respond to you. It was the first time I went in not knowing anything about cancer..."

July 3, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Dr Solow was my mothers oncologist. I feel that he did not take care of my mother as he should have. He should have recommended Chemo a to begin 3 weeks after..."

June 9, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "L3P0" to "L6B 1A1". Address has been updated from "None" to "377 Church Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "19054727072".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Solow looked after my mother. He was the most wonderful, caring, thoughtful, physician. My mother adored him, and both of us were so impressed with the time..."

February 14, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "A very rude doctor to with with; no bedside manner or respect for staff and families. Does not understand active listening and treats coworkers poorly."

December 13, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "HAVE A RELATIVE SEEING DR. SOLOW FOR CANCER CARE. AGREED WITH OTHER USERS WHO HAVE COMMENTED THAT HE HAS TAKEN IN TOO MANY PATIENT IN THE MARKHAM AREA AND AS A ..."

December 8, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I was a patient of Dr. Solow quite a few years ago and I can see from reading these reviews that not much has changed. I was not at all satisfied with his care..."

October 17, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Solow for blood work. He requested a comprehensive set of tests. The Dr. informed me it could take over a month to get the results. Two mo..."

September 20, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I believe the rating of a Dr has to do with of course your own personal experiences, having said that, our ways excellent!! He spent time with us at appointment..."

September 5, 2014