Ratings for Dr. Alvin T. Wilson

I never in my life have experience such a disrespectful and rude doctor and office staff. They don't even compensate for their horrible treatment of their patients with knowledge, prompt service or administrative duties. When Dr. Wilson finally decides to strut into the exam room, you will get about 4-6 minutes where you are interrupted, disregarded, he will insult you to your face and don't bother trying to ask questions or try to get more informed, because he won't answer them and if he does, he will sarcastically mumble some badly made up response instead of telling you he doesn't know or needs to look into it. He will also talk down to you, he has a major superiority and power complex, even if it is completely UNdeserved. He made fun of me once about one of my diagnoses from another doctor (in a serious and condescending manner) and said he never would act or be bothered by things that affect me due to that condition. I couldn't believe what I heard and as he typed up this quick notes about the 6 minute visit, he spoke aloud as he typed (and in a sarcastic tone) and what he was saying/typing was basically an insult to me the way he worded it- he continuted on to misspell the name of that particular diagnosis (and after he kept trying and not getting it right, I spelled it out loud for him and he was snappy to me and tried to play it off like he knew all along). The staff is another beast in itself. Most every one of them has a sarcastic and rude tone. They treat patients like they are a burden and inconveniencing them from doing other things. You arrive for appointments and are made to wait an hour or more. One visit when I returned after being away for awhile, I was charged and extra $40 on top of my bill (every appointment I had was the same and so was the price for every appt) when I politely and simply asked about this charge, I was spoken to in a sarcastic tone and instead of working with me, they became increasingly rude and told me that it was just the way it was and the visit cost that much and I could pay or leave. Then, mysteriously, every appointment after that was somehow back to the same price I had always been charged. The list goes on, none of this is exaggerated. On other different occasions, i have been lied to, given conflicting information, and been spoken to in a completely disrespectful way, and passively insulted. I am shocked that this office is still operating and in equal disbelief that Dr. Wilson is still in practice. HEED THIS WARNING AND AVOID THIS PLACE!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

This office is filled with rude people who treat patients horribly. Was repeatedly told I had an outstanding bill even though I knew it was paid 2 years prior. The lady I spoke to said I was wrong and if I was so sure I had paid it then to produce some proof. In gathering my proof, I received a return phone call from the same rude lady saying she found where it was indeed paid and hadn't been noted in their system but that was corrected and I was free to make my appointment now. No apology for her rudeness or admittance she was wrong. Same thing happened again where they were insisting they never received payment from my insurance company for services only to then find that they actually had been paid. They were incredibly rude about it. I think they use a bully tactic to try and get people to just pay for stuff without asking questions. They also billed me for services that weren't provided and my insurance paid for them. I informed my insurance about it so they could take action against them. From what I have heard from other former patients, this is a common practice it's just most people don't ask questions or notice cause insurance pays them and is none the wiser. DO NOT GO TO THIS PRACTICE. I was a patient for 15 years and have since left.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

The assistants to the PA need to get off their high horses and stop talking down to patients. I am tired of the snotty little notes that they write and the snotty phone calls where they act like you are an idiot, especially the one named Lindsay, who thinks she runs the world.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

He does not listen to his patients, does not return phone calls or emails from other doctors, changes prescriptions without warning or explanation, provides little to know information to patients about treatment options or referrals, and overall does not seem to care about his patients' needs.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

This doctor is so rude. He need to learn some bed side manners. He did not make eye contact. He make lame comments/jokes. He is not friendly at all. I would not recommend him to no one. He was late and wanted to run tests that I did not need. He does not have knowledge about your conditions because he does not listen and he have his own opinion instead of a medical one.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

Dr. Wilson is rude. He doesn't listen to what you say. He doesn't care if you've had to wait an unreasonable amount of time. There was ONE person in the waiting room, and I saw ONE person leave from their visit, IT TOOK 1.5 HOURS before i saw Dr. Wilson, and I was only there to have a blood pressure prescription refilled! It took Dr and staff under 10 minutes to examine me and write the prescription, and Dr. Alvin faked concern about my pressure being a little up...DUH! It's up because of this place! Then, when i tried to check out, their system crashed leaving me standing there for another 20 minutes waiting for their system to cone back up! I WAS THERE FOR 2 HOURS!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2012

Office staff stinks. Charged me a copay to fill out a form to fax to my insurance company. Very, very, very rude. When I filed a complaint, I received a letter in certified mail that they had been notified that I no longer want to be their patient. I do not recommend Athens Associates in Family Practice to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2012

They have evolved from primary care to botox first, health later. Disappointing and do not recommend this practice.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2010

Dr. Alvin T. Wilson's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1987)