Ratings for Dr. Karen W. Jefferson

I have been a patient of Dr. Jefferson's for 13 years. I was recommended to her by my Primary care physician when I was trying to have a baby. She ran all kinds of test on me, after the test results came back there was nothing showing that I couldn't conceive. After a couple of months I was pregnant and so happy. She was with me every step of the way. I had my baby in 2004 and in 2005 I was pregnant again. I guess you can say she was my angel. Thank you Dr. Jefferson for everything . You are a wonderful doctor

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Jefferson's for over 5 years and have had my two children under her care. I would not go to any other doctor in this field. I also work in the medical profession and when I have been asked who my OB was during my most recent pregnancy, I only received positive feedback about my being in good hands with Dr. Jefferson. Her personality is warm and you feel like you have known her forever, but her medical knowledge and decisions she made during my care allowed me to give birth to two healthy children. My first pregnancy was for the most part uncomplicated and I was able to deliver without issues. My second pregnancy, I developed a large subchorionic hematoma that was diagnosed at 11 weeks gestation. Dr. Jefferson followed this very closely with frequent visits in the office and all the needed test to evaluate the status of the hematoma. She also placed me on bedrest to give the pregnancy the best chance. The pregnancy had a 50% chance of miscarriage until it finally resolved at 20 weeks. Even after the hematoma resolved she was very thorough with making sure the babies growth and all aspects of the pregnancy were normal. I truly believe that it was Dr. Jefferson's diligence and professional knowledge that allowed this pregnancy to continue. I recently gave birth to a perfect 7lb, 5 oz baby boy that I am not sure would have been here if I had been under another doctor's supervision. I will always be grateful to Dr. Jefferson for her medical knowledge that allowed this pregnancy to continue and gave this baby boy the best chance at survival. I would recommend Dr. Jefferson to anyone needing OB care in the Richmond area.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

Dr. Jefferson is a great physician. My experiences have been great. She is warm and friendly. More importantly should is knowledgeable and proactive. We play a very important role along with the doctor to ensure we receive good care.. We know our bodies better than anyone. She is always willing to address my concerns and never dismiss them. She takes time to educate me and my husband. I would recommend Dr. Jefferson to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Everything about Dr. Jefferson's staff is completely fantastic, except for the doctor herself. If you are a regular, run of the mill person who just needs an OB for an annual visit and/or pregnancies, she might be okay to work with. If you have any sort of issue concerning a long term illness where your reproductive system is involved avoid her at all costs. Dr. Jefferson was rude and dismissive towards me. I was diagnosed with Endometriosis and was referred to her by my original OB who could not perform the treatment necessary. She spoke down to me, treated me as if I was stupid and made a lot of assumptions. Based on the questions she asked me, it was very clear that she didn't read my medical records thoroughly. I do not recommend Dr. Jefferson if you want a doctor who is going to listen to you and take you seriously.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Dr. Jefferson has been my OBGYN doctor since before my 20's. I am now 29 and she is the only doctor I've wanted to be a patient to. She is very knowledgeable, attentive, friendly and has always remembered me. Feels like she's been a friend for years. She has performed one surgery that was a success and now since my husband and I have been planning for parenthood she has armed us with so much information and tools on how to prepare for a healthy pregnancy. We now live in Fairfax, VA since my husband and I have relocated from Richmond, VA 2 years ago and we still travel to Richmond just for an appointment as I really am not ready to find another doctor, however, I know that time is nearing as we can't travel 2 hours for an appointment when we become pregnant. My appointments have not felt rushed and her staff is attentive. Dr. Jefferson is truly the BEST in the Richmond, VA area and I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr. Jefferson is friendly, but that's about as positive as my experience was. My check ups always felt rushed and she seemed to confuse me with other patients - asking me about irrelevant issues or something I never brought up - so it was odd. Her cervical checks were often inaccurate (according to 3 other doctors at the practice who also examined me) and she pushed for an induction despite knowing my wishes against it. The last six weeks were truly a struggle with her, and so I can say with certainty I won't be returning as a patient.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2013

Dr. Jefferson is great. I had a very difficult pregnancy and she attentive, hands on and responsive to my needs. The staff in the office took great care of me and baby. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

Do not recommend. She does not listen, and does not spend time with you. You end up seeing nurses.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2011

she is thorough, Understanding, knowledgeable, great surgeon which I needed because I had to have very evasive c-section, thoughtful, friendly,

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

Dr. Jefferson is the best OB-GYN in the area! She is very knowledgeable. She actually takes time with her patients, thoroughly explains, listens attentively. She is an excellent obstetrician for high-risk or no-risk preganancies and general gynecology. She is personable and genuinely cares about her patients. I wouldn't see anyone else!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

Dr. Karen W. Jefferson's Credentials

• Bowman Gray School Of Medicine Of Wake Forest University (Grad. 1994)

Ameritas