Ratings for Dr. Alexander Kirshenbaum

Thoughtful, engaging - thorough - overall very satisfied with the results so far

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

Not a doctor you can have confidence in. He is not qualified to be a surgeon. Needs to go back to school..

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

What a cold physician! After messing up an appt. time by a considerable amt, for a full consult, this Dr. did not physically EXAMINE me - whatsoever! Not even a blood pressure check. Not to touch the area of pain. NOTHING. He spoke to his recorder more than to me, and the one thing he said while making semi-eye contact was dismissive and insulting. He then had the AUDACITY to have the nurse schedule me for a procedure, but never had the courtesy to tell me HE wouldn't be doing it! (At least TELL your patient if this is the case, and offer a valid reason WHY). The nurse put down some other doctor's name from the office and when I looked him up, this doctor had a VERY low "rating" on line -- I guess passing on new patients is the way to give this doctor MORE patients? Wow. Not cool Dr. Kirshenbaum. Worse, when I tried to ask the Dr. himself WHY he wasn't going to do it (especially when my family Dr. personally recommended him), though he knew I was trying to ask a question, he deliberately turned his back (picture a waiter who doesn't wish to acknowledge a table seeking a water refill) and hurried into the back, out of reach of my getting an answer! Oh, I also asked if I could get the results of a "dip stick urine test" while in the office, and he said, "no - I don't have the time". Uh, last I checked you could get the result of that test in under ONE minute - more likely, within seconds. Don't walk - RUN away from this office and seek medical care elsewhere. I know I am.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

Said I had an 9mm kidney stone based on ultrasound he did and X-ray he ordered even though I had no other symptoms (pain). He wanted me get scheduled for lithotripsy the next week. I went for 2nd opinion at NYU where Dr asked why no CT scan was done. Dr there ordered CT scan that showed 5 small 1 mm stones in same area and said lithotripsy will do nothing for such small stones and recent research has shown could actually damage kidneys in diabetics a he suggested we just moniotr them since they are asymptomatic. I felt dr kirschenbaum did not spend enough time with me or order the right tests to get a complete picture before rushing me to get a $7500 procedure done. I waited over hour each time to see him and the whole office environment has the feel of a patient factory with little time spent on each patient. I would go to another dr as I did.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2013

rude, and hard to understand accent..doesn't seem to be interested in patient.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

He is the BEST!!!!!! I wish to all doctors in world to be like him..then we will not have any health problem at all!!!!!He is very knowledgeable and have very outstanding analytical skills...which most important to determine the right cause of the problem and then treatment. I am very much appreciate my friends who recommend me Dr. Kirshenbaum !!!!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

Went back to the emergency room for the 3rd time and once again was misdiagnosed. They did recommend Dr. Kirshenbaum. He found the cause of a severe pain issue in 5 minutes that eluded many Dr.'s for almost 10 years. A defect in my left ureter which felt like I passed a few stones a week for years. He downloaded my CAT Scan to his notebook and five minutes later defect located. A week later he inserted a stent and all pain is gone. Surgery to permanently fix problem to follow. After visiting many expensive Park Ave specialists I would say don't waste your time. Dr. Kirshenbaum is very analytical and made his determination using empirical data. Not the word of an inept emergency room diagnosis or the previous useless info collected over the years.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

He has excellent bed side manner, and he knows what he is talking about and what the best treatment is. He has always been there for us.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2011

I highly recommend Dr. Kirshenbaum. I was forced to see a urologist due to multiple kidney stones, and he was recommended by the ER. He has been exemplary in treating my condition. If I have to deal with kidney stones, I am glad I found him to help me through. He has a great bedside manner, and is clearly competent.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011

Dr. Kirshenbaum is an excellent doctor. He is very caring and keeps up to date with new treatment methods. He diagnosed my problem exactly the first time. I had been suffering from my condition for 4 years and went to 3 ineffective urologists before finding the miracle worker Dr. Kirshenbaum. Keep doing such a superb job, as people need such excellent doctors as you.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

Dr. Alexander Kirshenbaum's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Grad. 2001)