Ratings for Dr. Earl J. Craig

Dr. Craig was a waste of $40. Dr. Craig Does NOT know about CRPS Type 2. Dr. Craig says he will not prescribe pain medications and his ONLY focus was to get me to sign up for a very expensive/invasive procedure = Spinal Column Implant - he said he had no clue as to the HUGE Cost of SCI. The SCI can reduce pain in some patients - it can also break apart leaving shrapnel in your spine. I definitely found Dr. Craig Narrow Minded, no empathy and pushing SCI instead of proven Meds for Postop PROBLEM

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

I'm not the one to rate his knowledge, yet I'm certain he has the training and education because I've checked. I'm responding negatively to his questions leading into the thing he called an "exam", and the overall impression he left with me. I still don't understand why it involved undressing and wearing a gown, although that seems like the way it should go. Yet there was nothing he did during the exam that would require it. Except to maybe remove my shoes. The introduction was fine.....bit of small talk. Showed me a picture of a vintage truck that he and his father were working on. Mentioned that he had written a chapter in someones book. Wanted to know the problem I was experiencing. I asked him if he had looked at the CD of the MRI I had brought in. He said he hadn't and wanted to wait until after the exam was over before he viewed it. I asked if it would be ok if I talked for a minute. He say yes, but that it would have to be quick because he had other patients waiting. That's when I should have excused him, dressed and left. I gave him a brief intro into why I was in his office. I have two claims into the VA and wanted his professional opinion to aid with my claims. He thought I was asking him to lie. Not at all why I was there. I explained that I wanted a professionals endorsement if I was deserving, but wasn't looking for a handout from Uncle Sam. I could see that we weren't doing too well together. He asked me how much education I had. Huh? Again, I should have left. He had me walk across the room normally, then on my tiptoes, and finally on my heels. It was during the heel walking that I quacked like a Duck. Maybe I should have restrained myself........just couldn't help it. At the end he tossed my MRI cd onto the exam table and said that it was my hips giving me the problems, that my back was ok. That there was a cyst on one of the vertabrae. Wonder if that means he fibbed about not looking at the disc at the beginning? Anyway, I wasn't much impressed. Earlier, when I entered the waiting area, I asked a patient if there were any other Doctors other than Craig here. Only because there seemed to be a lot of people waiting. Then two women came into the waiting room from the back, cussing a blue streak. All aimed at the Doctor and their take on how they had just been treated. Maybe that should have been my first hint.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

I'm on the verge of suicide because of the pain that I live in from back, legs, feet, and neck pain. This idiot told me that he is a Christian and that I need to go home and pray because I am homosexual and refused to help me.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Very good Doctor and great staff... sorry people are not happy with him....

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

I was accepted as a patient immediately upon referral. The same day as a matter of fact. I was in a significant amount of pain and was not in a very good frame of mind to deal with any medical advice that did not bring me immediate relief. Dr. Craig helped me to weigh my options and diagnosed my SI alignment issue with great accuracy. I have been a returning patient for more than a year now and have managed to learn how to control my pain with injections and exercise. His medical advice has saved me thousands of dollars by decreasing the need for a life changing surgery, for this I am so grateful. I understand that I am not the only person in this world who has discomfort and this shows by the significant patient load he has to carry, but his staff is always courteous and helpful even with the challenges they face daily. Kudos Dr Craig...I do not know where I would be today without you. :)

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Every time I have an appointment I am there for over an hour and a half most of the time longer

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

ALL of the Office staff is extremely rude & non compassionate, wait times are 45 minutes plus, once he enters the room, you feel as though you are a dollar and not a person, he belittles his patients, it appears that he is only interested in making money and not in the quality of work he performs, our insurance was even ran on several occasions prior to the appointment , I will never recommend this dr to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Dr. Craig gets a thumbs up from me...I had pain in my shoulder with tingling down my arm to finger tips...He knew right away what the problem was..prescribed treatment...eventually had to have an injection in my neck....Dr. Craig did an awesome job....I was expecting to be in a lot of pain but was very surprised and pleased when the pain wasn't what I expected. I would reccomend him to anyone...He is a good doctor.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

He underprescribes based on religious convictions. Suffered like a dog while under his care. He misdiagnosed my right shoulder that actually needed surgery. He's afraid of getting black-listed by insurance companies and under-orders or refuses to order tests necessary for treatment-diagnosis.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2013

I have had a horrible experience every time I've been to this office. The staff is unfriendly and disorganized. Dr Craig is always late and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

Dr. Earl J. Craig's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Henry Ford / HAP