Ratings for Dr. Robert Kalimi

Outstanding surgeon did butterfly heart valve repair on my dad and what a success, as a Doctor great bedside manner , professional , a down to earth ,and explained so we would understand . The staff in office was amazing from the check in to nurses and surgical booker Lina so helpful. Also the hospital from icu to step down unit wonderful hard working professionals northwell south side hospital in bay shore clean and over all excellent experience .

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

My husband had a mitral valve repair, ablation and removal of an appendage by Dr. Kalimi three weeks ago. From the minute we met him we were impressed. He and his staff were so professional, caring and informative. The whole experience was amazing. He never hesitated to answer any questions. Thank you to you and all your staff. Absolutely no regrets - before you get anything done please go and talk to Dr. Kalimi. He specializes in valve repair so when a doctor tells you to have a replacement - see him first! The staff at Southside was impeccable every step of the way, as well. An excellent recommendation by Dr. Kamath.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

My husband had a mitral valve repair by Dr. Kalimi 2 weeks ago at Southside Hospital. We were overwhelmed by the whole idea of surgery and 'who to pick' . Our cardiologist recommended Dr. Kalimi, so we made an appointment to see him. We also made an appointment at NYU and St. Francis. Dr. Kalimi was our first appointment and our only!!!! We were so pleased and reassured on our initial visit that we cancelled all the other appointments! He explained and answered all our questions without hesitation and in detail! His expertise and commitment to his profession are impeccable. He is and his staff went above and beyond to make this whole experience less overwhelming and frightening. We never gave our decision a second thought and have absolutely no regrets. Thank you Dr. Kalimi and staff😊

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

I was operated on by Dr. Kalimi on Nov. 22, 2003. I had an emergency quadruple Bypass. He was a capable young doctor and I have had many years to be thankful to him and the amazing staff at North Shore Hospital.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

Dr. Kalimi is excellent. Had mitral valve repair at Southside hospital and it was very successful. It was a minimally invasive procedure and I went home the next day. There were no complications and I feel so much better. He saved my life. He's extremely capable, talented, professional, knowledgeable, courteous, and caring. He was very patient and answered all my questions. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a cardiologist/cardiac surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

I recently had open heart surgery. Two valve replacements, one valve repair and a triple bypass all in the same operation. Over 6 hours on the operating table. I am doing amazingly well and almost back to normal just three weeks after the surgery. Only a very competent and talented surgeon could have done all the work that my heart needed in the limited time available. There is no question that it was the skilled hands of Dr. Kalimi that gave me my heath back. I hope this short review gives you the confidence you need in choosing Dr. Kalimi as your surgeon. You won't find any better... anywhere.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

I recently had mitral valve repair done by Dr. Kalimi on October 20. He is an expert on valve repair as opposed to just replacing the valve. If possible, repair is much preferable to replacement since you don't need another surgery in 15-20 years. Dr. Kalimi is excellent. He is a great surgeon and explains everything to you and does great follow-up. There was minimal discomfort and in 14 days I was feeling much better and moving around the house with no problem at all. I urge you to choose Dr. Kalimi. You won't regret it!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

I was recently diagnosed with a leaky mitral valve, and it was severe. My cardiologist recommended Dr. Kalimi as the best doctor for a repair of the valve. Having the valve repaired is much better than getting a replacement, which may not last as long as a repair. Dr. Kalimi did a great job repairing my valve, and I am already feeling better, even though it has only been a few weeks post surgery. I am grateful that I had Dr. Kalimi because he is very experienced at Mitral Valve repair. As the weeks go by, I am looking forward to feeling stronger and more energetic. I am only 58 years old, so I have a lot of hiking, and biking I would like to do, along with going back to the gym and eating very healthy. I have to thank Dr. Kalimi for being a fantastic surgeon, and giving me a new lease on life. He is a very personable man and took the time to answer all of my questions, All of the nurses and staff in the cardiac unit at Southside Hospital were excellent! They were very nice and attentive, during my four days at the hospital. I highly recommend Dr. Kalimi and his team at Southside Hospital for open heart surgery. I knew I was in good hands with Dr. Kalimi!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

i am 52 year old when i was 25 year i operated DVR from pakistan happening stroke 2001. implanted ppm now my aortic valve gradient across valve.DR suggest that reoperat cadic surgery replace again valve. please inform me can i done again this? DVR tariq javed asif frombahawalpur city pakistan i am worried about this please help me in this regard my email is trex630011@yahoo

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

I recently required open heart surgery for mitral valve repair and a three way by pass. My cardiologist recommended Dr. Kalimi as the best in his field for this procedure. I also found in researching my condition, that repair of heart valves is prefererable to replacement since replacement valves often must be changed after 10-15 years. I also learned that not all cardio thoracic surgeons are capable,of implementing a repair and many will only replace the valve. Dr. Kalimi has the expertise to repair the valve and did so in my case. The results have been excellent. All went smoothly and I was home from the hospital aid walking around my home unassisted in five days. Dr. Kalimi was the very best: professional, excellent communication, excellent surgery and excellent follow up. I would highly recommend Dr. Kalimi to anyone needing open heart surgery.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016