Dr. Robert Kalimi

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Robert Kalimi

Dr. Kalimi came highly recommended from my cardiologist. I had a bad aortic valve. I wanted the minimally invasive procedure to replace the valve. Because the only cardiac problem I had was a bad valve, Dr. Kalimi replaced the valve using less invasive technique and procedures. What a great job! Twelve weeks have passed since my surgery. I feel great. Dr. Kalimi is very gifted and has exceptional standards. He answered all of my questions before the surgery and during the postsurgical care. His staff was also dynamite – thank you Andrew, Michael, Mike and Lena. I highly recommend Dr. Kalimi to everyone. I had some skepticisms about Southside Hospital that proved to be totally unfounded. The CTICU physician assistants, nurses, technicians and support staff were all very professional, kind and considerate as were the nurses and staff on the 4th floor cardiac unit.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

My wife is a registered nurse who also works in Northwell system. Without any felt syndrome, she was diagnosed as having major problems with her heart by our cardiologist. After some extensive research, we decided to ask Dr. Kalimi to help at Southside hospital. Unlike where we work, Southside hospital does not have fancy buildings. Still, we believed Dr. Kalimi is the best choice for us. Dr. Kalimi did the mitral valve repair for my wife in a little over 3 hours. It was a hard one based on my wife's condition. I thought it would take much longer. He gave me a copy of the before/after photos which all our friends and colleagues in health care system praised about the high quality of surgery. It is simply textbook like performance! Not only Dr. Kalimi is a top quality surgeon, he is also very kind to patients. He made my wife's recovery much easier. We highly recommend Dr. Kalimi to everybody. As for Southside hospital, it is a very pleasant surprise. My wife had stayed in CTICU for 8 days. The teamwork there was really impressive, among the best we have ever seen. Whenever we needed anything, there was always somebody providing instant help. Also, they kept cleaning the whole place all the time. Other departments are also very impressive. Southside hospital is by far beyond our expectation. We really appreciate Dr. Kalimi, our cardiologist Dr. Deutsch, our anesthesiologist Dr. Shih, our old friend Patricia Farrell, and so many other Southside hospital folks. You saved my wife's life! Thank you!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Outstanding surgeon did butterfly heart valve repair on my dad and what a success, as a Doctor great bedside manner , professional , a down to earth ,and explained so we would understand . The staff in office was amazing from the check in to nurses and surgical booker Lina so helpful. Also the hospital from icu to step down unit wonderful hard working professionals northwell south side hospital in bay shore clean and over all excellent experience .

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

My husband had a mitral valve repair, ablation and removal of an appendage by Dr. Kalimi three weeks ago. From the minute we met him we were impressed. He and his staff were so professional, caring and informative. The whole experience was amazing. He never hesitated to answer any questions. Thank you to you and all your staff. Absolutely no regrets - before you get anything done please go and talk to Dr. Kalimi. He specializes in valve repair so when a doctor tells you to have a replacement - see him first! The staff at Southside was impeccable every step of the way, as well. An excellent recommendation by Dr. Kamath.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

My husband had a mitral valve repair by Dr. Kalimi 2 weeks ago at Southside Hospital. We were overwhelmed by the whole idea of surgery and 'who to pick' . Our cardiologist recommended Dr. Kalimi, so we made an appointment to see him. We also made an appointment at NYU and St. Francis. Dr. Kalimi was our first appointment and our only!!!! We were so pleased and reassured on our initial visit that we cancelled all the other appointments! He explained and answered all our questions without hesitation and in detail! His expertise and commitment to his profession are impeccable. He is and his staff went above and beyond to make this whole experience less overwhelming and frightening. We never gave our decision a second thought and have absolutely no regrets. Thank you Dr. Kalimi and staff😊

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

I was operated on by Dr. Kalimi on Nov. 22, 2003. I had an emergency quadruple Bypass. He was a capable young doctor and I have had many years to be thankful to him and the amazing staff at North Shore Hospital.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

Dr. Kalimi is excellent. Had mitral valve repair at Southside hospital and it was very successful. It was a minimally invasive procedure and I went home the next day. There were no complications and I feel so much better. He saved my life. He's extremely capable, talented, professional, knowledgeable, courteous, and caring. He was very patient and answered all my questions. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a cardiologist/cardiac surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

I recently had open heart surgery. Two valve replacements, one valve repair and a triple bypass all in the same operation. Over 6 hours on the operating table. I am doing amazingly well and almost back to normal just three weeks after the surgery. Only a very competent and talented surgeon could have done all the work that my heart needed in the limited time available. There is no question that it was the skilled hands of Dr. Kalimi that gave me my heath back. I hope this short review gives you the confidence you need in choosing Dr. Kalimi as your surgeon. You won't find any better... anywhere.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

I recently had mitral valve repair done by Dr. Kalimi on October 20. He is an expert on valve repair as opposed to just replacing the valve. If possible, repair is much preferable to replacement since you don't need another surgery in 15-20 years. Dr. Kalimi is excellent. He is a great surgeon and explains everything to you and does great follow-up. There was minimal discomfort and in 14 days I was feeling much better and moving around the house with no problem at all. I urge you to choose Dr. Kalimi. You won't regret it!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

I was recently diagnosed with a leaky mitral valve, and it was severe. My cardiologist recommended Dr. Kalimi as the best doctor for a repair of the valve. Having the valve repaired is much better than getting a replacement, which may not last as long as a repair. Dr. Kalimi did a great job repairing my valve, and I am already feeling better, even though it has only been a few weeks post surgery. I am grateful that I had Dr. Kalimi because he is very experienced at Mitral Valve repair. As the weeks go by, I am looking forward to feeling stronger and more energetic. I am only 58 years old, so I have a lot of hiking, and biking I would like to do, along with going back to the gym and eating very healthy. I have to thank Dr. Kalimi for being a fantastic surgeon, and giving me a new lease on life. He is a very personable man and took the time to answer all of my questions, All of the nurses and staff in the cardiac unit at Southside Hospital were excellent! They were very nice and attentive, during my four days at the hospital. I highly recommend Dr. Kalimi and his team at Southside Hospital for open heart surgery. I knew I was in good hands with Dr. Kalimi!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016