Ratings for Dr. Yanping Kong

Dr. Kong was the third Endo I have seen in attempts to diagnose Cushing's Disease or some other thyroid imbalance. I was warned about him ahead of time that he says that "American's over-eat" as he is Asian. He told me i should eat as little as possible (which was contrary to what my dietician & the Weight Management Center was telling me) and told me to eat more carrots. Seriously carrots??? He put me on Metformin which he said will help keep my weight under control but basically just gave me diarrhea every time my stomach was full. Which he later explained when i complained about it that it would stop me from over eating which he thought was clearly the cause of my 100lb weight gain in less than 3 months. I was not impressed at all. Never got any follow up after my blood work, and even when i called to get the results the doctors notes were ineligible and non-existent. Big waste of my time.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014