Ratings for Dr. Marappa V. Gopinath

Incompetent much! He denied a simple RFA procedure after the diagnostic medial branch block was successful! The question is why? Reading all over reviews... seems to be common practice for him. Why on earth deny this procedure when the diagnostic test worked so well??

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Dr. Gopinath has made my life a living hell. He sits on Anthem's Utilization Review panel. In December 2010, my case was submitted for approval for S-I Joint fusion surgery, along with another patient's case who had less severe symptoms than I had. My surgeon's scheduler expected the other patient's case to be denied. However, my surgery request was denied, while the other patient's was granted. Why? -- Because my request had the unfortunate circumstance of winding up in front of Dr. Gopinath. I have been involved in the appeal process with Anthem ever since. Along the way, I have encountered so many, many patients who suffer needlessly because this man denied their surgical requests. My spine surgery group told me that nearly every case that gets submitted to Dr. Gopinath is summarily denied. He then refuses to cooperate with the next step -- the Peer-to-Peer review with your surgeon. Pathetic. (Note: Ratings for staff & timeliness were given "3s" as I haven't been to his office.)

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

flag | Submitted April 6, 2012

Marappa denies all back surgeries as "medically unnecessary" so Blue Cross doesn't have to pay for it. Then during the appeal process where he's supposed to call the surgeon, he chooses not to call.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011

Dr. Marappa V. Gopinath's Credentials

• Mysore Med Coll, Mysore Univ, Mysore, Karnataka, India (Grad. 1970)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Tustin, CA