You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Dorsi

I am a 52-year-old woman who has suffered from the effects of degenerative disk disease for more than 20 years. This disease caused my back to go into spasms for very little reason, usually resulting in lost work and significant pain. I had to live in fear of every little bump and turn. Dr. Dorsi recommended replacing two of the degenerated discs in my lower back utilizing an amazingly minimally invasive procedure. My back has not had a spasm even once in the 18 months since my surgery. Dr. Dorsi's demonstrated expertise, willingness to answer all of my questions, and phenomenal bedside manner after the surgery. He exemplifies what every medical caregiver should strive for. He has my highest endorsement, including referring my sister to him for her back issues. Patricia C.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I was a 54-year old man with a bad back caused by years of active life and rheumatoid arthritis. After X-rays of my back, my primary doctor referred me to Dr. Michael Dorsi. After reviewing my condition, he found I had collapsed discs and pinched nerves which made surgery the only option. After back surgery in October 15, 2014, I was back to bowling in five months. I was the senior PBA tour in my early eighties and am now having fun again at 85. Donald W.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

I have been troubled with nerve pain in both legs off and on for years. More recently, the pain got so bad that physical therapy and epidurals no longer helped. It was clear surgery was my only option. In talking with my doctor, a doctor friend along with a nurse in the epidural center, told me they all had heard good things about Dr Dorsi. In fact, the nurse’s husband was operated on by Dr Dorsi. So, I felt very comfortable making an appointment with him. During my first meeting, he went into details about my problem and what needed to be done to alleviate my pain. A surgery date was set for one month after my first visit. I later told him at one of my post-op appointments, that this one-month waiting was the longest in my life with the pain in my legs getting worse by the day. Dr Dorsi told me my surgery would be a big surgery. He gave me the option to break up the surgeries, but recommended I do it all at once which I did. Upon awakening in the hospital, my leg pain was gone. It was the best feeling I’ve had in years. Of course, I had several months of therapy ahead of me which I am still doing on my own with aquatherapy. Needless to say I was very impressed with Dr Dorsi. One incident after my surgery sealed my admiration for him: He visited me at the rehabilitation center to take my stitches out. When is the last time anyone had a “house call” by a physician? Anyone needing a neurosurgeon would be hard pressed to find a better one. I highly recommend Dr Dorsi. I will always be indebted to him for giving me my life back. J. Anderson

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

I’m a 75-year old man who had troubles walking and, at times, could barely walk due to the pain in my left side. I met with Dr. Dorsi and, due to the severity of my pain, he recommended fusion surgery and stated it would be best to have it sooner than later so I would have a quicker and better recovery. Before surgery, Dr. Dorsi was very good with going over all the details of what he was going to do. He gave my wife his cell phone number so she could call him anytime during and after surgery. She called him twice and he called her back within 30 minutes. We never had a surgeon give us his personal number before. Dr. Dorsi stayed in touch with my wife and family while I was in surgery. After my surgery, he stopped by two or three times a day to check on me. He has excellent bedside manners in that way. He takes time to explain things and to explain them in a way that anyone can understand. Today, I can walk and the pain has gone. I would highly recommend Dr. Dorsi! G. L.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

I was a 54-year old man with a bad back caused by years of active life and rheumatoid arthritis. After X-rays of my back, my primary doctor referred me to Dr. Michael Dorsi. After reviewing my condition, he found I had collapsed discs and pinched nerves which made surgery the only option. After back surgery in October 15, 2014, I was back to bowling in five months. I was the senior PBA tour in my early eighties and am now having fun again at 85. Donald Wells

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I have a son who is Dr. Dorsi’s age and I would honestly be privileged to have Dr. Dorsi as a son. I adore him. After surgery, I was in the hospital for two weeks and he came to visit me every single day. I repeat, every single day. Then, after I went to the rehab center, he came to see me multiple times. Not in his medical scrubs, but wearing his normal clothes. He really takes care of his patients. Joy Moody

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

When I met Dr. dorsi, I had done everything I could to relieve my back pain. I had lived with it for 4 years, was in and out of a walker, and the back pain was getting worse and worse. Dr. Dorsi was very reassuring and told me exactly what he was going to do and how he was going to do it. He made me feel very comfortable. I’ve had lots of surgeries in my life and the back surgery was the one I was most afraid of. However, Dr. Dorsi and his crew made sure I was comfortable and reassured when they took me to the operating room. The way they treated me made me feel more confident and less worried. After the surgery and after the anesthesia wore off, Dr. Dorsi talked to me about the operation and what he had needed to do, explaining in details about plates, etc. When I was in the recovery room, he came by every day to check on me and always did so with his unique sense of humor. During my recovery period, I continued to see him for check-ups and he took the time to explain my pre/post-op X-rays. It’s been 5 months now since my surgery and people may think being able to scrub my laundry room floor isn’t much, but for me, it is something I haven’t been able to do in years. I’m even able to get back to gardening. Overall, I was extremely satisfied with Dr. Dorsi. A.H.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

It was unfortunate to need spinal surgery, but it was most fortunate to have chosen Dr. Michael Dorsi as my surgeon. His competence, professionalism, accessible personality, and willingness to explain all the medical aspects of both the surgery and the recovery made a difficult journey seem possible and doable. I am grateful to him and to his wonderful and helpful office staff for all their efforts in my behalf. I will refer to him without reservation.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Dr. Dorsi is a lifesaver. When I "walked"(dragging my left leg) into his office I was treated with nothing but respect by the staff and there was times when I was cranky (lots of pain) that they would calmly listen to me. Front Office staff are amazing.. Now let's talk about Dr. Dorsi he gave me the honest truth about my condition which was surgery. Before Dr. Dorsi I had 2 spinal injections, steroids, acupuncture.. all a waste of time- If I went to Dr. Dorsi first I would have saved money and 3 months of my life limping in pain

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

It took forever to get an appointment. The receptionist placed me on hold for 15 minutes. When I called back she again placed me on hold. She was rude, condescending, insensitive, and then laughed at me when I told her that I was in pain. She had no work ethics, she cut me off and told me that now it was her lunch brake and I should call her tomorrow. I have never experienced such a horrible experience with a receptionist in my life. Where do they find these people?! I won't even get started as to when I finally went to the office and the treatment I received from the staff. Dr. Dorsi ordered more tests, will give an updated as to treatment .

Submitted September 17, 2015

Dr. Michael J. Dorsi's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a 52-year-old woman who has suffered from the effects of degenerative disk disease for more than 20 years. This disease caused my back to go into spasms fo..."

May 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was a 54-year old man with a bad back caused by years of active life and rheumatoid arthritis. After X-rays of my back, my primary doctor referred me to Dr. M..."

April 18, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been troubled with nerve pain in both legs off and on for years. More recently, the pain got so bad that physical therapy and epidurals no longer helped...."

March 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I’m a 75-year old man who had troubles walking and, at times, could barely walk due to the pain in my left side. I met with Dr. Dorsi and, due to the severity o..."

February 25, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was a 54-year old man with a bad back caused by years of active life and rheumatoid arthritis. After X-rays of my back, my primary doctor referred me to Dr. M..."

January 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have a son who is Dr. Dorsi’s age and I would honestly be privileged to have Dr. Dorsi as a son. I adore him. After surgery, I was in the hospital for two wee..."

December 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When I met Dr. dorsi, I had done everything I could to relieve my back pain. I had lived with it for 4 years, was in and out of a walker, and the back pain was ..."

November 16, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "It was unfortunate to need spinal surgery, but it was most fortunate to have chosen Dr. Michael Dorsi as my surgeon. His competence, professionalism, accessible..."

October 20, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Dorsi is a lifesaver. When I "walked"(dragging my left leg) into his office I was treated with nothing but respect by the staff and there was times when I w..."

October 13, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "It took forever to get an appointment. The receptionist placed me on hold for 15 minutes. When I called back she again placed me on hold. She was rude, condesc..."

September 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was diagnosed with GBM (Glioblastoma Multiforme, a high-grade and rather deadly form of brain cancer) last June. The good news is I have a truly amazing neuro..."

July 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Feel so much better after cervical disc replacement 2 months ago!!! Only surgeon I could find in Ventura county that offers this state of the art technology and..."

June 4, 2015
  • First Name changed from "MICHAEL" to "MICHAEL J."

October 20, 2013