Ratings for Dr. Kyle M. Uittenbogaard

I was shocked surprised the first time I met with Uittenbogaard. He said I looked at your MRI and we can fix that with surgery. He didn't even mention trying alternative methods before surgery. What do I know so I did. Back surgery on my S-1 L-5. I saw him twice after my surgery. The 2nd time he said he was not happy with the amount of pain I was still in. He said I will be in some pain the rest of my life but he wanted it less. We set up Physical Therapy and the Maps Pain Clinic. 4 weeks ago I stood up from my chair and my back went out. He ordered an MRI. He said it was an inflamed nerve. I was in excruciating pain from my back to my foot. I called his office a couple times. He never returned my call never asked to see me. He misread the MRI and finally after 3 weeks I have doctors that will help me. Sorry, can't give this guy any points. Pretty sad I've gone through the pain I've had to through because he wouldn't see me as well as misread the MRI. He never showed any compassion.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013

I am so happy with Dr. Uttenbogaard. He's very Caring amd proffessional all in one. I had my third neck surgery done by him. I have not been an easy patient by any means and he was not upset that I'd asked a ton of questions and had a few things happen after surgery that required me to be seen on several occasions.(mishaps on my part).I have seen many Drs. over the years and I have to say he has been the best I could hope for in every way.--Caring, knowledgeable, and Very skillful.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2012

Phenomenal doctor. I can't say enough good. My husband had an AVM and Dr Uittenbogaard was his neurosurgeon. He was the most caring and compassionate doctor I've encountered at any hospital. Every question I asked was recognized (believe it or not this is important) and promptly answered. He gave me the greatest birthday present of my life - my husbands life!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2010

Dr. Kyle M. Uittenbogaard's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)

Providence