Dr. Brigitta Westall

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Brigitta Westall

Brigitta has been my therapist for 6 years and I have learned so much about myself by working with her. She is very caring and insightful. She works very hard at her job and inspires me to work hard on my psychological health and in other aspects of my life. She is a wealth of experience and information and I will never stop learning from her.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

Dr. Westall has been key in my journey to self-acceptance, boundary-setting, meta-communication and emotional growth. Dr. Westall is direct in very kind, caring and extremely knowledgeable manner. I must state that she has been an amazing guide through the maze of emotions. Dr. Westall helped me by letting me know what I was doing (I have always been a people-pleaser but apparently to an extreme and to my detriment) and taught me to express how I actually feel instead of putting lids on my emotions. The affamation exercise and breath work she has taught me have helped me re-center, focus and set healthy boundaries by having my own back. Dr. Westall is genuinely passionate about helping people, and it is obvious in the way she treats her patients. I am grateful and feel lucky to be one of her patients. She is the first therapist to have truly helped me become a balanced and centered person.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Brigitta is a life saver. She has helped me with all my emotional issues. She is kind,supportive,knowledgeable and understanding. I would be lost without her. She is helping me turn my life around and I’m a much stronger person because of her. I highly recommend her to everyone

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

Dr. Westall is an excellent therapist. She has been able to assist me through various issues and has provided me with pathways to becoming a more confident, self-assured individual. She is knowledgeable, kind, warm and caring. I feel better after every visit. I highly recommend her services. I feel very grateful that I’ve had her guiding me.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2018

Dr. WESTALL is very kind and encouraging. I’ve been seeing her for over two years. With her guidance I have been able to reach extensive growth: personally, emotionally, psychologically and professionally. I’m thankful I was able to be connected to such a warm and personable therapist that truly cares for her patients well being and progress.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2018

I have nothing but great respect and admiration for Dr. Westall. I am a much happier , healthier person with her guidance and help. She saw what I was and how i was raised and how it affected my marriage. Without her help, i would not be the person I am today. Thank goodness for therapists like Dr. Westall. She leaned on me and nurtured me when I needed it. I am forever grateful for her help in rebuilding my life moving foward.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

When I first met Birgitta, all I knew was that something was wrong. I had an active and fun social life but would inexplicably cry at times and was extremely restless. I had a well paying job but was otherwise bored with it, and had zero ambition. Dr. Westall, with a patient, kind, and gentle approach, slowly helped me unravel and come to peace with things from my past which I had convinced myself had little influence over my life. Life is continuing challenge as we all know, but I can say that Dr. Westall has given me tools to handle these challenges in a healthy way, and the ability to lift myself above the fog and really feel what it's like to live. And, as far as ambition goes, I was finally able to find an interest I truly love, leave a dead end job of twenty years, return to finish my college degree. I am now approaching my third year of doctoral studies and ready to begin my second career. I can absolutely credit Dr. Westall and her hard work and patience for helping me reach these new found goals, and for wanting more out of life.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

i have seeing Dr Westall for off and on for over 25 years. She has helped me become a more secure and confident individual. I have learned by her example to be more kind and generous to others when I am in a position to help.. Brigitta has always been sensitive, compassionate and understanding with my personal issues but she has also been direct and stern when I have been stubborn and negative in dealing with my issues. I happen to be very direct and "no beating a round the bush" kind of person when communicating so I appreciate it when she is just as direct as I am. I recommend Dr Westall because she has helped me become a person that I can say I truly like today. Without here help I do not know how my life might be today.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Westall for around 5 years and she has been extremely helpful in helping me. I am a healthier person and my communication skills have greatly improved resulting in better relationships with my family and friends, co-workers, etc. She is an excellent therapist and I have the highest regards for her practices.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

No one is a better judge of a good therapist like another therapist. Not all therapists are created equal and Dr. Westall is far superior then most services out there. She ichallenges her clients (me-- speaking from personal experience) to grow but in a kind, compassionate, unbiased professional way. Dr. Westall is amazing! She helped me through a crisis in my marriage way back in 2005 In Los Angeles. She helped me learn that if both members of the couple want the Relationship to work, it will, and you can fall in love again. Years later, I went back to her with my mom who was struggling with anxiety, negative self-talk, depression and low self esteem. Mom was sabotaging our relationship, stressed at work and dealing w difficulties in her marriage because of negative self-talk, anxiety, and low self esteem. She helped bring my mom back to life, find her voice, and develop a new sense of self identity as she faced retirement. Dr. Westall is kind and compassionate and works non-biased (able to help despite religious differences between my mother and I), helped us communicate with love and respect for differences.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

Dr. Brigitta Westall's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

• BCBS Illinois