Ratings for Dr. Nicola E. Kernan

Dr. Nicola Kernan is a very knowledgeable doctor who is also very kind and compassionate. The staff also are very, very nice people!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

I have to say, Dr. Kernan herself is extremely nice. She has a very calm demeanor about her which is great. However, I do have a few complaints. I've had issues with getting test results back. I often never receive a call back when I'm told I will. I've also had issues with prescriptions not being called into my pharmacy which is extremely annoying when I drive all the way down there and it was never called in as promised. And lastly, I've been trying to get an extremely uncomfortable condition that I've been experiencing for 3 years diagnosed and they keep brushing it off as something small. Believe me, I am very healthy otherwise and am not a hypocondriact, but I am certain what I have is different and more serious than what they're telling me it is despite my efforts to push them to figure it out. They never say "well, it may also be this, so why don't we test for that." Unfortunately, I will be switching Drs because they cannot figure out whats wrong with me in the past 3 yrs.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

Dr Kernan is very knowledgeable and professional. I've had emergencies and got in the same day to see her, sometimes in a matter of a few hours. I've never had a problem with her following through on testing I had done. Her nurse Teri is super also and very quick to answer your questions and phone calls.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

My daughter and I have been seeing Dr. Kernan for three years and we love her. She is very knowledgeable and caring. She runs off-schedule pretty often due to the fact that she will spend as much time with you as necessary - I never feel rushed. We have been very happy with our care.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2008

Dr. Kernon takes her time and listens to you. She is great when you are in the office, but I found that she doesn't follow through with test results. I never heard from several tests. Luckily I sent a copy to my Gyn who called me immediately with the bad results. I had follow-up tests that my Gyn ordered and sent the results to Dr. Kernon, but I never heard from her. It's been 5 months and I'm still undergoing tests for a problem, but without Dr. Kernon's input. I called the office for guidance, but never got a return phone call. I'm looking for a new primary care.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2008

Excellent doctor - very compassionate and caring. Takes as much time as you need, and is very willing to refer to specialists. I have two rare conditions and she freely takes my knowledge of these diseases into account when discussing treatment. Time management was not her fault due to understaffing but that has since been rectified. Whenever someone at the hospital sees who my PCP is, they always say, "Isn't she wonderful?"

flag | Submitted October 22, 2006

Dr. Kernan is a very caring Dr and has no problem referring you to a specialist if needed. She listens to all your concerns and makes you very comfortable during an exam. I wish more MD"s were as compassionate as her.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2006

Dr. Nicola E. Kernan's Credentials

• Queens Univ, Fac Of Med, Kingston, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1983)

MB Health