Ratings for Dr. Mary Ellen Pavone

I agree with all the reviews here. Dr. Pavone has terrible bedside manner and absolutely no empathy. She did not even perform any of the IVF procedures I went through, from the HSG, to the retrieval, to the transfer. It ended up being a blessing in disguise because the doctors who did perform those procedures far surpassed her beside manner and appeared more knowledgeable. Not once did she even call to check up, aside from one call to tell me the IVF cycle was unsuccessful. I am amazed that a physician like her would be able to work in private practice, let alone one as reputable as Northwestern. She seems better suited for academia where she would have little to no interaction with people.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Her bedside manner is as cold as a snake. It took me six voicemails to get her to call me back after a serious surgery. She refuses to manage pain. When I finally voiced my unhappiness with her, she told me to go back to my referring OB GYN. While she may be a good surgeon, everything else about her was traumatizing. I will NEVER see her again.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

Dr. Pavone has terrible bed side manner and is not very knowledgable at all. My first appointment with her she immediately made me cry by telling me I had no hope at getting pregnant and shouldn't even try and I should just use an egg donor. That was the first and last time I met with her. I found another doctor at Northwestern, Dr. Milad, whom I highly recommend. He has much better bedside manner and has worked with me to try several things when Dr Pavone told me I could not. Please DO NOT see Dr. Pavone.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

I did not care for her at all! Bed side manner was cold and she didn't explain anything. This is such a delicate issue for the patients... I felt that she didn't care about our feelings and we we're just a number. I would NEVER recommend her to anyone having fertility issues! She wasted our time and money

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

Dr. Pavone does not have good bed side manners. Sometimes she acts as though she doesn't have a genuine care to help her patients. Dr. Pavone shows no empathy to what her patients can be going through. You get more information from the nurses than her.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

terrible staff, need to call 3-5 times to schedule anything. frustrated.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013

Dr. Mary Ellen Pavone's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)