Ratings for Dr. Barbara D. French

I made an appointment 2 weeks in advance to get re-establishment with Dr. French, I did not have insurance at the time and explained I would be a self pay patient. The day before my appointment the office called to confirm my appointment and I confirmed. The DAY OF the appointment the office called to inform me that Dr. French would not see me because I had no insurance and simply stated "sorry". This is completely unacceptable and I wasted 2 weeks that could've been used to find another doctor. Just awful- shouldn't be allowed to treat people this way.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

They are great unless you have an emergency. They refuse to work patients in when they are very ill. In the past 2 years I've tried 3 times to get an appt when I was very ill. They wouldn't even consider working me in. I am willing to wait if I have to...I understand...but when you are sick, you want to see your doctor. I going somewhere else, somewhere that takes a patients illness seriously.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

The front desk staff is completely rude and self-absorbed. They act as if I'm an inconvienance for even being there. They're short with you and act far more entitled than they should! It's a shame because I really like Dr. French. If you want an accurate diagnosis, see Dr. French (no matter the wait) not Natalie.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

Dr. French is by far the best Doctor that I have ever had. She actually listens to me.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

Dr. French is not very good at follow up with patients. I had call and make another appointment after I initially went in and tests were done. If nothing is wrong on your test ( even though you have expressed concern and are in pain) you will simply recieve a letter in the mail saying your results came back normal. If you want to have something done like get medicine or have another test ran you have to call back make another appointment and make pay more money. I then after two appointments and two test results as normal had to call again and ask if anything was going to be done or if I was going to be refered, then they chose to tell me my other results came back that she stumbled upon and was told there was nothing i could do about it. ( not true) and I was told by the nurse she would get with the doctor and get back with me and tell me how we would move forward. I never heard back, and just heard from the people she refered me to. I am not satisfied with this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2010

Dr. French is great she is very personable, she took the time to listen to me and has always should concern about me.Even the Nurse Practitioner Natalie has seem me once before she is also very nice and caring this is a office I send my friends to and my Husband is also seen here.Giver her a chance and you will be pleasantly surprised. 5stars fore sure.Thanks Dr. French,Starr Ivey

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

I only saw Dr. French twice. But I saw here Doctor Asst. Natalie many times over, and she and everyone in the office was always willing to do what they could to help. They just have to insist you have your insureance bills paid up in Full before they call in scipts/Rx refills without a doctor visit.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2008

Refused to keep me as a patient because my Ins co.didn't get the bill paid when she thought they should.She turned it into a collection co.wrote me a letter and said i was no longer her patient because I refused to pay the bill.Well my Ins did pay it and i am getting ready to move and i called and asked out of couritisy if she would full my blood pressure med till i could get to Iowa and find a Dr. there and she refused,plus my other meds.I had to visit the urgent care cause my blood pressure was very high.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2006

Dr. Barbara D. French's Credentials

• University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)