Dr. Ricardo Alexander

Ratings for Dr. Ricardo Alexander

I will start by saying Dr. Ricardo Alexander successfully performed the required operation with good results. The main problem was the billing and the customer service. I was quoted a price for the operation and paid upfront for what I owed after the procedure. I ended up getting a bill a few weeks later for additional costs because my insurance did not cover the procedure despite having been told I was all set. I tried to work out the price with the office staff with not great results so I asked to talk to the Doctor which was a disaster. He literally got on the phone with me and yelled at me telling me that if I do not pay the bill that he is sending me, he is going to re-bill me for the out of network rate and send a debt collector to my house to get the money. I then asked him if he cares about his reputation at all and if he generally screams at his customers and he told me he is busy and has to go then proceeds to hang up the phone on me. Needless to say this was the most rude thing I have ever experienced. He was a very unprofessional "professional" and made for an absolutely terrible experience. I will never be going back, and I would not recommend this Doctor to anyone. Too bad too because he seems to do good work...

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

The person that answered the phone to schedule my appointment for an extraction was awful. I explained to her that I do need sedation, suffer from a seizure disorder, and have dental phobia. My tooth was damaged from a Grand Mal seizure a few months ago. I was informed they do not offer sedation for a one tooth extraction. I mentioned that novacaine does not work well with me and that this is a large molar that needs to be extracted and she went on to say, we can not work with you if the novacaine does not work. She was quick with a major attitude on the verge of being flat out nasty. If this is what represents a doctors office and the doctor himself...no way will I walk through those doors. Definitely not a patient friendly employee. I'll bring my business somewhere else!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Does NOT work well with people with anxiety!! Poor bedside manner. Raised voice at me several times when he saw that I was anxious, which led to me having a full blown panic attack. He raised his voice over that as well, which made it even worse. No patient should have to feel so scared and intimidated. A little compassion would have gone such a long way!! As far as my tooth extractions go, he did a good job, and they are healing well. At least there was one positive. I will not go back to this surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Dr. Ricardo Alexander's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1965)

Oxford