Ratings for Dr. Leyla I. Somen

I have been seeing Dr Somen for 3 years now,I was at my lowest point in life, dealing with anxiety and panic disorder and probably depression!She has helped me tremendously!!!!Explaining all medications and why they are needed! She is very direct and to the point, and that's what I need!Also I found very easy to talk to!!THANK YOU. so much Dr.Somen!!😜

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

She was rude, did not listen to me at all and kept telling me my problem was something that it wasn't. She was very rude and snarky. I would not recommend her to anyone. Her office changed my appointment without telling me. The list could go on but others have already said what I feel to be the truth about her. She should not be in practice.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Dr. Somen is a horrible Doctor, how she is still in practice is beyond me! She is , if she hasn't already going to cause someone to commit suicide! She really needs her license provoked and she needs to see a psychiatrist! I WILL be reporting her to the state ! She is a liability for every mental health patient that goes to see her! Very rude and asking me appropriate questions and making inappropriate accusations, without even allowing me to speak ! At one point of my visit, I actually had to wonder if she was trying to provoke me just to see how I might react! I couldn't believe I was treated that way after being released from psychiatrist ward for an attempted suicide! I wasn't going in there for pity but just help and she definitely made me feel worse and didn't give me an ounce of hope or trust for the medical doctors in mental health! I hope to eventually get the help I need , but please if your desperate to just feel a little better , DO NOT see this doctor!! I have not had any experience with any other providers here and I am not willing to take that chance if this Medical facility continues to support this particular doctor!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

I've been a patient of Dr Somens for 6 plus years. These reviews are highly upsetting especially when most of the unsatisfactory response is out of the Doctors control. I appreciate a doctor who checks the authority or Med book for contraindications of a drug or allergy or to check all of my options. Yes, Dr Somen is direct but equally she cares about her patients in my experiences and she knows her field of study. Having gone through a traumatic period and serios changes in my life, she helped me tremendously. I've found out it's not the doctors fault they are scheduled heavy, unfortunately medical care has become more of a business than proper treatment of sick people. She listened to my needs. We tried two different medications and the second medication I still take daily and really works!!! These doctors nor Psych Med's are not cures. We also have to make the changes to improve our condition. I've referred two people to Dr Somen who are extremely satisfied and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

She only spent 2 minutes with me. How can you help someone and see what they need in such little time. I would never recommend seeing for you or any of your loved ones.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Rude, abrupt, condescending, dismissive, does not want to listen. I walked away feeling worse than when I walked in. Felt like a berated child. Was looking for help but like one patient said, I even had suicidal thoughts when driving home.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Exceedingly dismissive. Seems to be there just to write a prescription and kick you out the door. Gets very defensive if you ask a question; I have never had a health care professional treat me in such a horrid fashion. Run far away from this woman; she exists only to collect her paycheck.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Seems to listen when I talk and suggests ideas to help me not just give me pills. Staff could be friendlier seems like you bother them to make appointments and they never smile! Don't like cats in the waiting area mostly because I am allergic but sure helps some.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

I was diagnosed with Bipolar II last year. I have been on Lamictal and it works great for me. I've had a couple of side affects like memory loss. Now Dr Soman says "you don't have Bipolar or the symptoms anymore, you have ADHA. HAHAHAHAHAH. REALLY??? Don't think so. My medication is working, that's why I don't have the symptoms of Bipolar. I will not be going back to her.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

I went to Dr. Somen only once. She kept me in the waiting room for 15 minutes past my appointment time. When I finally did go in, she proceeded to ask me inappropriate questions (Am I single? Why am I single?). Then, she said to me "What kind of medicine do you want to take," which I felt is something that a TRAINED PSYCHIATRIST should not be asking a patient. After going through that, she ended the meeting by saying "Don't be sad. Be happy!" Yeah, thanks for the advice. I did not reschedule a meeting and I did not go back.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

Dr. Leyla I. Somen's Credentials

• Ege Univ, Tip Fak, Izmir, Turkey (Grad. 1968)

Chambers of Commerce