Ratings for Dr. Deborah L. Neiman

I have been her patient for more than 10 years and am always satisfied with her care. She takes the time to listen and to be helpful. The staff, especially in the Far Hills office, is always wonderful. I will remain her patient for many years to come

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Dr. Nieman's associate Dr. Chou was attentive, kind and thoughtful. She took time to consider what I was saying and was honest in admitting that my diagnosis was beyond her knowledge and she refferred me to a cardiologist. Later I saw Dr. Neiman about some more symptoms I was experiencing and it was the most unpleasant experience I have ever had with a physician. After describing my severe symptoms, without thought or hesitation, she told me there was "nothing possibly wrong" with me but anxiety. She told me since my initial blood tests came out clear there was no possible answer besides panic and anxiety, even when I acknowledged that I am a self-aware person who knows the differrence between phycial anxiety symptoms and serious physical health risk. She didn't consider the input from my cardiologist, she was shockingly curt, and repeatedly asked "What do you want me to do about it?" and "What would like me to test for?" I don't know.... I'm not an MD! She actually raised her voice at me. She acted like I was out of line by daring to ask for her opinion after getting bloodwork done. She is lacking in diagnostic ability, a previous review was correct im stating she is "pique if irritated." She's a mean person and I would recommend avoiding her at all costs. Since she couldn't figure out my illness, Dr. Neiman told me it's all in my head, and there's no other possible answer. Sounds like she's too proud to admit she's clueless and incompetent.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

My experience was very traumatic they did not care about my request for help even after hours then I ended up in the emergency room and almost died. Dr Neiman is very nasty her bedside manners was very poor she speaks down to patients that she does not like. Dr Neiman should take the time to get to know each patient and she should never speak down to a patient and make them feel as if they are not worth her time. If she had a bad experience with patient in the past she should not assume that all patients are the same. I was genuinely not well and when she decided to ignore me it almost cost my life this is a very bad experience for me so I am writing this with you so that people are aware I also have the inclination that she does not like patients from certain cultural backgrounds. she is really one of the nastiest doctors I have ever been to I should have taken the time to read the reviews about her before going to her office. I was under the impression that doctors are supposed to follow up with the patient and make sure that their care is being considered dr. Neiman and never cared about my medical condition she never followed up with my other doctors to make sure that she understood what was going on with me I was seeing her for 2 years and she never wants coordinated my care. Dr Chou on the other hand is very polite and she shows concern however none of these doctors followed up with the other specialist to get an understanding of my medical condition.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Have been th this Dr 4 times in 4 years and only seen an actual MD on 1 occasion. 2nd visit for UTI - they didn't bother to call me when blood tests back so I chased up. Needed antibiotics and took over one week to finally get needed medication. Third visit had severely swollen glands, sore joints etc. they took blood but in follow up told me they "didn't know what was wrong with me" - no doctor bothered to see me just the nurse. Forth visit, had to take time off work - person who arranged appt told me to go to the incorrect clinic so I arrived 12 minutes late. NOT my fault but they still told me they wanted me to re-schedule because the "practice closed at 2pm". Because I complained that it wasn't acceptable for me to take even more time off work they saw me. Without any plausible explanation of why, they refused to prescribe the medication I was requesting (again not an MD in sight, just a nurse eager to go home at 2pm). This practice is incompetent on all criteria.

Submitted May 28, 2014

Dr Neiman is all about money and not patient care. Every time I go there I have to wait an hour plus and then she only comes in the room for a few minutes. After that she has me perform all these unnecessary tests that were not covered by insurance so I ended up getting billed for them. I never get returned phone calls and it takes weeks to get refills and results. Extremely unprofessional and would never recommend. She has new staff every time I go there which says a lot about her practice.

Submitted May 22, 2014

Dr. Neiman is a great doctor, who knows her stuff. Her staff is great too! Would recommend anyone to see Dr. Neiman.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

Dr. Neiman really spends time with me. She is genuine, concerned, and intelligent.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

Dr. Neiman is one of the nastiest doctors I've been to. She never has really diagnosed me properly, either. She just seems very cold and curt. Her staff is quite rude, especially on the phone. I really like Dr. Chou - she is the sweetest.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

In over 15 years I never had a problem with Dr. Neiman. She is very knowledgeable, takes her time with you and gives her all. People should realize the problems doctors are having with insurance company's holding back payments. Why should a doctor have to wait months to get reimbursed from these insurance co. They have s staff of dedicated workers who need their pay checks every week. What is going on. Does the government want doctors to fail so they can go socialist care. I am scared to think about it. God help us. Dr. Neiman is the kindest caring person.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

I was treated by Dr. Neiman's associate Dr. Chou. She's very sweet person. The office visit was fine and I received the call few days later about my blood test result. BUT the billing lady Janek was VERY unfriendly. I was charged for the annual exam even I knew it should be covered completely. Regardless how many calls I have tried, she never returned the call back. While I'm continues on the billing issue, I would NOT recommend this place as I don't want anyone to be over-charged.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2010

Dr. Deborah L. Neiman's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1984)

Aig