Ratings for Dr. David A. Etzioni

Dr. Etzioni basically gave me my life back. After years of suffering with Crohn's/UC the time came that surgery was the only thing left. Dr. Etzioni explained everything thoroughly and answered all of my questions, no matter how trivial they probably seemed to him. The surgery was a complete success and I now live a pain-free life with no issues at all. Dr. Etzioni, the Mayo staff and all concerned cannot be topped in any hospital anywhere!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Dr. Etzioni is a kind, patient, knowledgeable , and highly skilled surgeon. He took the time to answer my questions as well as all of my family's questions. He is an excellent listener. I had some difficulties post op and Dr. E. Came by every day, sometimes twice a day to check on me. He made all the right calls and I was released when I was truly ready. He did not rush me out even though they were short on beds in the hospital. He made sure that I was comfortable going home. This was a long, difficult surgery, and he did an outstanding job. My recovery has been easy. I highly recommend Dr. e and the Mayo Clinic!!!!!!!'

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Dr. Etzioni was arrogant and short with me on my first visit. I was experiencing pain and his examination was without any empathy for my pain or gentleness. Furthermore I have a chronic condition that is painful and he was arrogant and advised me he had more important surgeries that day than mine. I have had 4 other surgeries at the Mayo Clinic and he did not do any tests prior to surgery and appeared did not read my history. He has a horrible bedside manner and a huge ego.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Dr. Etzione said he did not know what my medical problem was and also that he would not help me to find out. I've never met a doctor that didn't want to help their patient until now.

Submitted November 11, 2014

A+++. So glad I found him and this team of Mayo doctors. I transferred my care from another local hospital. The difference in patient care was second to none. Dr. Etzioni is a top notch, kind and caring surgeon who makes you feel like you're his only patient. Love DR. E and The Mayo Clinic for saving my life. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Dr. Etzioni saved my life. He cares! He is by far the top doctor

flag | Submitted August 31, 2014

Dr. Etzioni and staff have impeccable bedside manner as they went out of their way to ensure my comfort. The diagnosis was exact and the procedure was perfect. I trust that I'm being looked out for regarding my existing and future health.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

Dr Etzioni is highly recommended, Very professional, knowledgable,and what you dont find in surgeons...caring. I love him!!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2013

Dr Etzioni I highly recommend. He is the most caring,knowledgeable,and wonderful DR. Its hard to find a DR. like him. His staff ROCKS too.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

Dr. Etzioni is an amazing surgeon. He really cares for you and the right steps to take medically. He is a very caring doctor and person. I highly recommend him for your care!

flag | Submitted December 24, 2011

Dr. David A. Etzioni's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. David Etzioni is the Chair of the Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Arizona, and an Associate Professor in the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine. He is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (’99) and completed his general surgical residency at UCLA (’06). While a resident at UCLA, he completed a Masters Degree in Health Services as part of a research fellowship funded through the Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program. He subsequently completed his training in Colon and Rectal Surgery through the University of Minnesota. His clinical interests are wide-ranging, including colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, and the use of minimally invasive surgery. His research and administrative interests are focused on the appropriate analysis, interpretation, and reporting of surgical outcomes data.

• Spanish

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

• Colon cancer
  • Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
  • Diverticulitis
  • Rectal prolapse surgery
  • Anal cancer
  • Hemorrhoids

• Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America, Southwest Chapter Physician of the Year 2016

Private Pay