Ratings for Dr. Yie-Wen Y. Kuan

I have recently started seeing Dr. Kuan and have found her to be helpful, kind and insightful. The office is in a convenient location.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2018

I was a colleague of Dr. Kuan at the UW Counseling Center, where she was one of the most beloved therapists. She is smart, conscientious, practical, and easy to connect with. I have been referring people to Dr. Kuan for many years, and the feedback has always been very positive.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

My daughter is an international student and was having difficulty adjusting. She contacted us when she found out that our daughter was hurting herself. Dr. Kuan has helped our family and my child through difficult times. She has connected well with my daughter and with her help she is doing much better.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

I had been very stressed and worried about my job, my family and my future. I had been feeling that the people and situations in my life were very confusing and critical of me. Dr. Kuan gave me feedback and reflections about my situations – so that I could see it more objectively and clearly. She helped me see ways to better understand people at work and how to coordinate and communicate with them. She also helped me understand my family and the several issues and expectations that I had and they also had – so I could separate what was in my control to change and manage. This clarity helped me to feel more at ease with my co-workers and my family. Dr. Kuan has been very supportive, patient, and professional. She really cares about helping her clients. She is the best psychologist I have seen, and I appreciate her counseling very much.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

Dr. Kuan was a life line for me at a very difficult time in my life. I called three psychiatrists and she called me back within 30 minutes and had an appointment for me the next day. The other two never called me back. She could hear the despair when I left a message. She has experienced an issue I am facing. We are working on cognitive behavioral therapy which will take some time to achieve but I can already tell a marked difference in my unhealthy thoughts. She has helped me to discover new learning techniques to be mindful of when stressors now occur. I have come a long way in the time I have gone to Dr. Kuan. I like that she will give you points to remember what we talked about that I can take with me to remember throughout the week. This is the first time a therapist has done this for me. I also have never felt judged or humiliated when I have shared with her. I am very grateful for Dr. Kuan's helping me to think in a more rational, mindful way.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

I've been in and out of therapy for 13 years. I've seen over a dozen different psychologists, psychiatrists, family doctors, and non-traditional therapy sources. Dr Kuan is easily the most informative and helpful medical professional I've encountered. I can see how she rubs some people the wrong way. It's because she doesn't tell you what you want to hear. There are no illusions about instant progress or false hopes. She's going to help you get better, not coddle you. If you're really ready to tackle your mental and/or emotional struggles I cannot recommend a better doctor for the job.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Kuan for a little over a year now. I found her to be very knowledgeable and empathetic. She has helped me to manage my depression and provide me with direction and goals to work towards.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

I'd seen her for a year before telling her about my increasingly serious thoughts of self-harm and suicide. Instead of trying to help me or bring it to my parent's attention, she told me of her clients' horror stories at psychiatric wings and told me "you don't want that. They can't help you." Then she'd tell me of her clients' success stories after they stuck to her therapy (which, yes, only consists of her talking about her success stories).

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

It was terrible experience. We didn't get any help from her instead oppositve.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

I had a very bad experience with Yie-Wen Yvonne Kuan. In her own words, she is very direct and outspoken, not like other psychologists who just sit there and nod their heads. But actually she is just rude and complacent. She has no empathy for her patients, she seems to think the therapy is a competition and tries hard to beat her patients, instead of being a teammate to understand patients. Perhaps she was too excited to show how different she is to other psychologists, she could not wait for me to finish my sentences, and rushed to give her opinions. Unfortunately, the words she used to judge me are completely wrong and she also incorrectly assured many things about me. She is worse than the other psychologists she look down up, and is just a loud person who will say anything to avoid people ignoring her and recognising her carelessness and lack of consideration for other's feelings. I have had many experiences visiting psychologists, but I never met anyone who is as unprofessional as Yie-Wen Yvonne Kuan. (If her only purpose is to show how unique she is, then, yes, she succeeds.) Also, she seems to have very traditional thinking and cannot accept someone who has ideas different from her own. I still remember how hopeless I felt when I finished talking to Yie-Wen Yvonne Kuan. I felt dizzy and my body was shaking when I left the room. Even now, when I recall the memory of the situation in that room, her voice and her face, I still feel panic. I may need to see another psychologist to deal with it...(This is the first time I have written a bad review for someone.)

Submitted January 25, 2016

Dr. Yie-Wen Y. Kuan's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Pacificare