Ratings for Dr. Marc G. Schramm

There is no staff to answer phones or greet you, etc. Calls go directly to vm which can go ignored even after multiple messages are left over a week's time. The initial visit began poorly with Dr. Schramm brow-beating me for not filling out his questionnaire form exactly how he wanted. It was actually embarrassing, and almost made me leave right away and not look back. He needs that proofed by an English teacher, first of all, and second – he needs help himself to get over that means of “interviewing” new people, wow. Subsequent visits he kept trying to disprove what a well-respected (and now retired) PHD had already diagnosed, trying to fit me into some model in his mind. He would ask me questions, interrupting me as I spoke about what I was there for (I even took in notes at future meetings so that I could stay on track). When my replies were not as he anticipated, he would restate his questions as sentences, adding, “Right!” at the end, aggressively nodding his head up & down while trying to get me to agree to his train of thoughts. Yet I would say, “No,” each time, getting back on track with what I was there for. Gave up after a couple sessions. He does offer some interesting resource ideas as solutions. But I wouldn’t go there if I was new to working with this type of professional. Make sure you know what you are there for, take notes, and stay your course. Make him accountable in the session, and you should do OK for a couple sessions to work out a short-term solution.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

This doctor became quite antagonizing during the first 5 minutes of my appointment noting his 'impressions' of me as I answered his questions. He interrupted me several times as I attempted to tell a linear story and insisted that my communication was all over the place. It was quite a horrific experience as I am a medical professional trainee and have seen many behavioral health professionals in the past. He lacked empathy or the professionalism necessary to deal with any patients experiencing mental health concerns. I must say that I believe he is a danger to his patients and may potentially need behavioral health intervention of his own.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Dr. Schramm was very helpfulin my appointments.. his knowledge and expertise was very helpful. Would recommend him to anyone that was needing help. The other person must have really needed some mental health services and didn't want to except getting well.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

This man shoved my friend into a Psych Ward for being crazy - the reason - he wanted to make funeral arrangements in case something happened to him as he is now 72. He also demands that he go on a drug program to get over this idea, as he is supposed to be 'clearly suicidal' to want to plan these things. Nothing is further from the truth as my friend is looking forward to getting married as soon as he can and enjoying the rest of his years with his lady. We are still trying to get him out.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Follow up to comment from August 2012: I have required ongoing help with the PTSD symptoms I developed after seeing this therapist. Although I had not needed a therapist prior to seeing Schramm, it is possible that I may need ongoing therapy for a very long time. I think the only thing worse than what occurred during the time I saw this therapist is the overall lack of concern he has demonstrated for the devastating effects this has had on my life. Because I had been seeing him for a while and thought he was very good during the first half of the time i saw him, I ignored red flags that went up later in sessions I had with him. Within a very short time from, I went from being an independent, component person to being someone who really couldn't get through a day without his approval. My experience with him has been that he is very talented at making people believe he is helping them, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

My experience found that Dr. Schramm is very professional. He actually helps me see things that I could not see before and makes me more appreciative of myself. I enjoy brain storming with him on what I can do to make my life better and I follow his suggestions. I have only seen him for a couple months now, but he already made a big positive impact for my life and my family and I'm very thankful for that.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

He was an excellent therapist at first. I would have recommended him to anyone and everyone who would have asked if I knew a good therapist. However, he is not the same man I knew at first. Due to serious trust issues, he is no longer my therapist.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2012