Ratings for Dr. Swapnil P. Rajurkar

Dr. Swapnil Rajurkar let my Mom die in discomfort. He is the WORST doctor and WORST human being. He promised my Mom that he will make her okay and then he (along with City of Hope) gave up on treating her and gave up on looking for a cure for the rare illness she was suffering from. If you want ANY chance of surviving or helping a loved one survive, do NOT go to this USELESS doctor. He will promise you the stars to suck you in and collect the insurance $$ then deliver absolutely NOTHING. When he decided that there was too much research involved in treating my Mom, he told us to put her in hospice. On August 1, 2016, he told me that she will not survive through August 5th. I had already thoroughly researched my Mom's illness and refused hospice. I fought with insurance for 4 days and was finally able to get my Mom to Loma Linda on August 7th (hmm, she lived past August 5th Dr. IDIOT!) where they treated her for other issues and she was well enough to go home on August 11th. My Mom needed someone to offer her hope and strength, NOT give up on her. My Mom went on to live almost 5 more months, happy and positive... she was able to wish her grandchildren and me a happy birthday, along with celebrating her own 80th birthday with us... a FUN night at Benihana's which we will NEVER forget as she smiled the whole evening. Unfortunately, due to her Medicare Insurance, she had to return to Rajurkar who let essentially let her die. On December 23rd in ER, in front of my children and I, my Mom told Dr. Rajurkar that she wants to 'live' and he replied by asking her 'Why'? Nice compassion Dr. USELESS! My BEAUTIFUL Mom passed away on December 27th. Dr. LOSER had NOT been in to see her while she was slipping away in ICU NOR did he ever contact us to convey his condolences. He should have his medical license REVOKED!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Stay away from Dr. Rajurkar. He's so inept and inefficient that he totally overlooked my colon cancer that developed while I was under his care. Had it remained undetected, I could have died. Please stay away from him--he doesn't know what he's doing. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

I cant say it enough people please stay away from Dr Rajukar.He doesnt care for his patients sufering.I also noticed he doesn't do much research to whats out there that may be more beneficial for his patients wants everything at his hands reach it was unfortunate to have this dr rajukar as my mothers onc we go to dr's to put our trust in them in hopes they will do whatever it takes to keep us well.I honestly think there is other good paying jobs out there why go into a profesion in Dr nd specialize in people who are in life or death situtaions if you dont care about people's well being...He has a board certidified but its no good when he doesnt care about his patients just the money.If this would let me rate lower I would...

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

He was very caring and understanding. He always takes the time to explain and give support. Staff is fantastic. Always ready to help in anyway they can.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2011

He appears only to be in it for the money and does not give the impression that he cares about the patients welfare.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011