Ratings for Dr. Walfred Torrens

Dr. Torrens has been my dentist for over 11 years. He is amazing! He is very personable, knowledgeable and gentle! I have recommended many many people over the years and they are all still with him and love his work and staff! I always look forward to going to the dentist!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

I definitely would NOT recommend Dr Torrens or this anyone at this office. The dentist I like in Naples doesn’t accept my new dental insurance so I made an appointment here. The receptionist took my insurance information a while before the appointment. It was almost the end of the year and I hadn't had one cleaning yet and this insurance allowed two cleanings per year, which I told her. Right before the hygienist (Cindy) went to clean my teeth she said because I had had a deep cleaning in the past (from another dentist) my cleaning would be more expensive because it must be categorized differently. I almost walked out then and wish I had. She then said that maybe she could try and slip it through as a regular cleaning (like she is doing me a big favor) then gave me the quickest cleaning I’ve ever had- Five minutes if that. A week later I looked at the inside of my teeth with a mirror and she hadn’t even cleaned the little plaque that was there. Before leaving Dr Torres told me I had 3 cavities. I didn’t believe him because of my age, regular checkups and taking very good care of my teeth. A moment before that he said the thought he recognized me as a super model which seemed flirtatious and unprofessional. The hygienist told me she is honest because she is Christian (She must have known I thought they were dishonest). Since all people should be honest I don’t know what her religion had to do with it, or why she added that comment. When I went to pay the office manager instead of being charged the small co-pay, she said I owed over $110 saying my insurance wouldn’t cover it because I had already submitted two insurance claims this year. This was a lie. I called my dental insurance provider right there in their office and put it on speaker phone. My insurance provider assured the office manager that it was covered and she was categorizing it incorrectly. I just went back to the dentist I trust in Naples and got a good cleaning and just as I thought I did not have any cavities!

Submitted February 20, 2015

Had horrible hygenist for about two years who destroyed everyone's gums. Also, office manager is not a people person and is very rude to customers. In addition, the office only submits to one insurer which is a pain when cleanings and x-rays are covered by medical insurer and anything else is covered by a dental insurer. Very good dentist, but he needs to get good people around him.

Submitted February 3, 2011