Ratings for Dr. Martin Giuffre

Had a wrist deposit removal surgery at the Royal Alex performed by Dr. Giuffre. 2 hours delayed in an overflowing waiting area. The procedure seemed straightforward enough, but no information was provided about recovery time, self-care, avoidance of work/exertion, etc. until intake. Info sheet was so generic, had to ask doc for specific situation. Assured me that growth would not come back, and post-op care advice was simply 'if it hurts, don't do it'. Not even a week after surgery, the growth has started to reform again. Stitches look terrible - inflamed/bulbous sections and uneven stitches, with lots of surrounding bruising/blood pooling. People who see my unbandaged stitches remark that I could have stitched myself up better had I done it myself...I don't understand how this can be happening...I am very scared that i will have to go in again for same procedure. If so, I will try for a different doctor. How terrible to have been cut open to be left worse off than I had started :(

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

Fantastic in every way. Professional, extremely competent and did what I asked for.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

It is some time after surgery, he gave me a uniboob instead of removing them for myself as "ftm". The "swelling" is fat he should have removed. And now I have this uniboob in a t-shirt. I get to hide my chest still, thanks for the trouble of dealing with you and surgery for this guiffre!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2018

Dr. Giuffre and his surgical staff in my mind are top notch! I would recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Did good at surgery but I have some lasting emotional effects from my experience with him.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

Dr. Giuffre performed carpal and cubital tunnel surgery on me. I found him to be informative and caring. Having had several surgeries in the past 10 years, I found his team at the Misericordia Hospital to be the best I've experienced. I would have no worries at being in his care in the future. He was the right surgeon for me.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

Very good surgery results! Top notch from my point of view! Glad I was referred to the right surgeon!!!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Just because he's a pretty boy does not give him the right to do inferior work! First time I went to get the lower eye lift! Had to redo it because the laser just burned my face didn't remove the fat under the eye. The second time was for a tummy tuck - you know where they move the belly button etc. Well nope even though he described all that he was going to do and of course charged through the nose, he didn't move the belly button! Why cause when on the table he didn't think it was necessary! Really... you couldn't tell that before surgery! And no I did not get a refund! Now one would think I would never go back ....but I did to do a breast reduction and lift! Sure charged for that but nope..... no reduction because he 'forgot ' about that! So do I get a refund? Nope cause he did part of it and adjusted the nipples - which are 2 very very different sizes. Never offers to redo is mistakes, never apologized - nothing. Sure took me a long time and much money to learn my lesson.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Does NOT give the same level of care to his patients that are getting an Alberta Health Care procedure as he does to his plastic surgery patients. His Staff at the office and nurse are quite rude and have no empathy or care for the patients problems/issues that they are going through. After the procedure until now which is months later I'm having severe pain in an area that has nothing to do with what he was treating. Now he is not acknowledging that he did anything wrong and it will get better (NOT ONE PERSON WHOS HAD THIS PROCEDURE DONE HAS EVER HAD EVEN THE SLIGHTEST OF THE PROBLEMS THAT I AM HAVING!) very very upset with going with this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

People may say DR G has no bedside manner which he really doesn't but hes not there to console you but CONSULT you. He sticks to what he knows and hes good at. He performed a fat transfer for me and i haven't healed properly. Thats not on him though. Its my condition i have. He's seem me for many follow ups praying it would take and having my back through it all. My situation is unique but i would still use DR G if i did it all over again.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Dr. Martin Giuffre's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

HealthFirst