Ratings for Dr. Maureen McShane

Dr Maureen McShane is the most beautiful human being I've ever encountered. I don't know how it's possible for someone to be so kind, gentle, attentive, intelligent , artistic, and positive. She the only doctors I've encountered that truely cares for her patients like she would a family member. I cannot write something that would do her justice, words simply aren't enough. She never gives up on her patients. Her office staff is imcompentent but her Nurse Nancy is just as lovely as McShane!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Dr. McShane was one of the best doctors I'll ever meet. I had been SEVERELY ill for many years, bedridden, etc., and her compassion, caring and individual treatment plans definitely helped me for the better though I still have a long ways to go. Her knowledge is excellent as well. Now for the 'cons' -ie: her 'staff'. When I first became a patient of hers and remarked to Stephanie, receptionist that I was surprised by how organized the office was, she rolled her eyes and said "I don't know where Dr. M would do without me.." and other such comments through the years. In one instance the staff dropped the ball and despite my ongoing queries did NOT take responsibility for it. I told the staff I was appalled by their lack of professionalism, etc. Well.. the office manager, aka Dragon Lady then decided she would send me a nasty letter stating that they do not accept any 'abuse' at their office.. oh really? So you can 'abuse' a patient by not following through with something important and not take responsibility for it yet you think the word 'appalled' is abusive? Sounds very fishy to me. Wow! That office manager has a HUUUGE ego that someone should control. Last year she and Stephanie sat in their little office around 10 a.m. while the phones rang and rang and we had to listen to the office manager's personal problems including how she hated some of the teachers at her child's school, etc.. I was shocked that they would disiplay such arrogance in firstly-ignoring the phones, and secondly, airing out their personal issues where patients might hear. Dear Staff: Dr. M CAN do without you - she will NOT fold bc you are not there. Seeing S with that long hair nearly getting caught in machines almost made me jump out of my seat. Zero professionalism with the staff, abusive and horribly egotistical. Would return to Dr. M any day if she got rid of them. Thank you Dr. M, will always speak highly of you.

Submitted May 19, 2015

I was disappointed with this doctor. She is overpriced and spends very little time with patients which results in treatment plans that are not tailored to the individual. We did very few tests to find out what was going on with my body. She talks on and on about things that have very little to do with the current treatment plan. She is not flexible when it comes to treatment options. She is easily accessible by email and her office staff are very organized. Her consultation reports are often difficult to understand and omit important information because she is rushing.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

Dr McShane is kind, helpful, patient, understanding, open-minded, highly competent and knowledgeable. She is constantly doing reading, research and attending medical conferences to be able to better treat her patients. She does not only treat their condition by prescribing medicine, but also by reinforcing the patients' immune system. I cannot recommend her highly enough.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2013

Dr. McShane is devoted, knowledgeable, professional, kind, patient, curious, funny... I could go on and on about this wonderful doctor. The best I have ever had. I absolutely love her!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

Dr. McShane is a caring and gentle soul who also happens to know a lot about medicine. I feel confident that I will regain my health under her expert guidance.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

Dr. McShane is knowledgeable in her field and I am confident after my appointment with she will help me regain my health. She is open to answering all questions and gives you lots of information!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

Dr. Mcshane is the best MD I have ever met.She truly cares and explains things like you are a person instead of a paycheque.She saved my life,what else can I say.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

Very informative Doctor, She takes all the time necessary to determine your condition and then outlines a treatment program to put you back on track. She's a specialist who's well informed in her field. Thank you Dr. for helping me

flag | Submitted October 17, 2010