Dr. Gregory D. Layton

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Gregory D. Layton

Dr. Layton is wonderful! I was not happy with my previous OB providers or their office when a friend highly recommended Dr. Layton to me. The office is clean and the staff is great, but most importantly, Dr. Layton really is a fabulous doctor. He always listens to all my concerns and has the best advice that is delivered in an easy to understand manner. I always feel so comfortable and most importantly I know that he cares and would do most anything to assure I get the best care. I see him every visit, I never feel rushed and he always makes me feel important. He is friendly and positive and really cares for his patients. When I leave I always feel it was time well-spent.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Great experience. Very personable, listens well, made certain I understood everything. When I had a problem he brought me in immediately and did an ultrasound to check the baby and reassure me. He did several ultrasounds and I always felt like I was being treated like royalty. I like that he sees his patients each visit, I did not ever see a nurse practitioner or other provider. He got to know me and assured me he delivers nearly all his patients. I was very comfortable knowing "my doctor" was going to be the one delivering my baby. Very nice delivery and easy recovery. I highly recommend Dr Layton.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

Office was disorganized and staff were rude. Dr. Layton did not answer my concerns and I felt like the whole appointment was rushed.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

I had issues with my previous OB's staff and was looking to switch, my husband researched and found Dr Layton. I was barely pregnant and concerned about not having symptoms, Dr. Layton went out of his way for me to come in that week after hours since there were no appts, we met with him and discussed everything and he even did a quick ultrasound right then to reassure me (was too early to see anything) I wasn't even a pt yet they had no paperwork or anything, we scheduled our first appt then to come back, he reassure my fears and did 2 more ultrasounds at 5 weeks and then 6 weeks when we finally saw our baby! I've had friends who never get an ultrasound until 20 weeks so I loved that I could have that reassurance that things were ok and see my baby! Highly recommend Dr Layton!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

I switched to Dr. Layton after my original dr in the office moved. I had multiple miscarriages prior to seeing him. I worked with a reproductive endocrinologist early in my pregnancy. I was pregnant with twins so I was somewhat higher risk. he worked with my other dr on what her recommendations were. He was very caring and often personally called me back to answer questions or to tell my any bloodwork results. At 32 weeks I started having high blood pressure and protein in my urine and he had me start coming in 2 times a week and ran multiple tests every few days. He really took care of Me and my twins. I ended up at the hospital at 34 weeks with high blood pressure and he was already at the hospital doing a delivery so he ordered them to do bloodwork and it was determined I had pre eclampsia. All along I wanted a vaginal delivery and he supported that. He decided to induce me and my labor was text book perfect. He even delivered my 2nd baby breech which isn't common because many drs don't have the knowledge to do it. I would absolutely recommend Dr Layton to friends and family . He's extremely calm and easy to talk to, listens very well , validates concerns and is honest about any issues . I 100% trust him with my pregnancies and reproductive health.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2014

Ugh....I have never walked out of a doctors office feeling more like an insurance payment than I did the day I had my yearly exam. I was a prior ob's patient in that office that had recently retired and Dr.Layton came with high reccomendations. However all he cared about was my weight. And that all hormonal and endometriosis problems that I have will be cured with weight loss. Mind you I have had hormone and period problems since I started at age 12. The prior doc and I had a treatment plan going and she felt confident that he would continue with this plan. Well little did I know he wanted nothing to do with it. I walked out of that office so let down and frustrated that I was back to square one and having to find a new obgyn after years of having an amazing one. I will definitely NOT be recommending Dr.Layton to anyone. Complete dis-respect to the patients and their well being.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Layton. He delivered my first baby a few months ago. He is friendly and compassionate. Great bedside manner. He is able to make you feel comfortable during exams. I have no complaints other than sometimes I had to wait a long time for my appointments - like 45 min-1 hour, but that was because he was behind due to deliveries. He always apologized for the wait.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

Dr. Layton is my OBGYN, recommended by my family physician & family members who have gone to him. Dr. Layton is very kind and always puts the needs of his patient first. I have had to wait for quite a while to see him a few times, but only because he had to go deliver a baby and return to the office for the rest of his appointments. He is very knowledgeable and never hesitates to explain anything. He is very open and honest. He recently delivered my first baby and was there in a flash when I was in labor. I was afraid I would have to have a C-Section but he did everything he could to prevent that from happening, which I am so grateful for. I am a worrisome and "on edge" person in general and I can honestly say that he has a calm spirit about him and my pregnancy, monthly and weekly exams and delivery were very much calm and drama free because of Dr. Layton. We love Dr. Layton and will definitely be seeing him again in the future!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

Dr. Layton is wonderful. He is kind and understanding and really knows what he is doing. IHe delivered 3 of my children and made my deliveries absolutely stress free. I would put the life of myself and my babies in his hands.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

I had questions about infertility since my prior OB/Gyn only used clomid and very little fertility testing. Dr Layton tried calling me back daily for a week until he reached me, and I was not even a Pt of his yet. I am now a current Pt of his and was able to get preg first month of new meds. Miscarried shortly after, he was very sympathetic, his nurse nor staff not so much. I always get a call back that day or next day when I call for questions or when lab results return. I recently found out pregnant again and am very thankful I did not leave his practice! I would recommend Dr Layton!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

Dr. Gregory D. Layton's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English
  • Spanish

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)
  • Brigham Young University (Grad. 1990)