Ratings for Dr. Emily B. Spurrell

I had been battling an eating disorder on and off for ten years before I went to see Emily. She is outstanding. Her ability to spin metaphors helped me understand the situations I put myself in. She is kind and empathic and has been extremely helpful. I don't know why some of the respondents below are so angry but I doubt the issue is really about Emily and their comments don't match my experience at all.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

Emily assisted me in making a major life change and supported and through my process. I have found her to be kind, intuitive, and remarkably present throughout my continuing journey. I feel incredibly fortunate to have her in my life.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

In both my experiences in therapy with Emily, and in reading her other reviews, it seems evident that helping to solve problems and learning skills for future issues is NOT her forté. She has missed the brief therapy memo, instead choosing to practice outdated, and definitely out of favor in the industry, 1970's style phsychoanalysis a là Woody Allen characters. Not helpful to clients financial or psychological well being. If you prefer real world problem solving skills to help get yourself "unstuck" from a situation and bring clarity and vision to your circumstances so that you feel more equipped to manage life's challenges, go somewhere else...If you want to pay for a friend to listen to your weekly problems, spend 10 years in her pretty office, go right ahead, but you'd be better off taking a real friend out for dinner and picking up the tab. Find a therapist who actually moves clients into better decision making, and more fulfilling lives in fewer than the 5-14 YEARS noted in these reviews. Don't waste your precious time as I did.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

I worked with Emily for over 5 years. She was always reliable, caring, and patient. I would recommend Emily to anyone seeking therapy.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2013

I have been an on and off patient for 10 years. Emily is knowledgeable, professional, helpful and kind. she has helped me through many things over the years, one on one and in an ivf support group. She has even helped me deal with my insurance company. She is always available, she is understanding, and imaginative in her approach. She goes above and beyond and I would wholeheartedly recommend her to a family member or best friend. I am truly thankful that I know her. A+++

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013

Amazing therapist. I have been a patient of Emily's on and off for more than 14 years. She listens and remembers everything.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

She is very knowledgable about infertility issues. Emily is easy to talk to and she has many resources.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

Arrogant. Do NOT, and I mean DO NOT go to this woman if you are a lesbian who is looking for an unidentified sperm donor. She will lecture you on the psychological issues children face and make you feel bad about your decision. Makes me wonder if she has issues with gay parents.

Submitted July 17, 2011

Emily is knowledgeable and professional. She's very open and easy to talk with.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

incredible provider and helpful in all areas of couselling

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011