Ratings for Dr. Michael V. Elam

Could not have gone better!! Will see him for all future procedures.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2017

I am so thankful that my family and I met Dr Elam and staff. He is a great surgeon and well known by surgeons all over and they have only great things to say about his surgeries. I am his patient and he made me look great. My daughter also very happy with her surgery. Most people with bad reviews are just blind to see that Dr Elam can only enhance what you have he cannot do magic so if your not beautiful to begin with don't expect to be gorgeous after. I am very pleased with all he has done for me and anyone reading his reviews should he is a top notch Dr I will only do any future surgery with Dr Elam.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr Elam fixed a botched breast augmentation surgery that dr David Benvenuti in Newport screwed up. I feel normal again after 20 years of hiding my chest in giant bathing suits. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I should have gone to him YEARS ago!!!!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

My sister recently had a brow lift, buccal fat extraction and revision rhinoplasty done by Dr. Elam and she looks so amazing. After her original rhinoplasty experience I was not sure this was a good decision. I was so concerned with her having cosmetic surgery that she would not look like my sister anymore but her results are so natural she just looks like the younger version of herself with a more refined nose. Now that she went first and I took care of her during her recovery it is my turn next. I am scheduled to have a brow lift and liposuction in the coming month and I am so excited. Dr. Elam showed so much expertise, compassion and care for my sister that I am confident I am in gifted hands for my upcoming procedure. I could not write this review without also complementing Dr. Elam's staff. They are efficient, kind, caring, informative, supportive and always there for you. In caring for my sister I had so many questions and it seemed no question was to small to ask and they even gave me Dr. Elam's personal cell number for questions over the weekend. I would highly recommend Dr. Elam and I will be posting another review after my procedure.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

Dr.Elam is an phenomenal plastic surgeon!! The Staff is so caring and attentive they made me feel extremely comfortable going into my procedure to get a implants. I nursed my son for 2 1/2 yrs and my chest was two different size. Dr. Elam corrected me and made me feel back to normal and like a beautiful woman that I am. Have to say my chest (implants) are prettier and more perfect than they ever have been in my life!! Love you Dr. Elam & your wonderful staff. If you want perfection I highly recommend Dr. Elam!!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

Several months ago I had liposuction surgery performed by Dr. Elam. I had struggled with dieting and weight gain over the years after having my children. I decided to have liposuction performed to boost my self-esteem and help loose the rest of my weight. I went on several consultations but decided to go with Dr. Elam because of his expertise and knowledge about liposuction. I talked to a few of his recent patients and I liked his before and after photographs and his staff was so friendly and knowledgeable. I had full body liposuction with Dr. Elam in October 2013 and within the first few weeks of recovery I started to shed pounds and inches. I am now down 35 pounds and went from a size 10 to a size 4. I am so happy with the way I look and so grateful to Dr. Elam for his expertise. The office staff was amazing and Dr. Elam's bedside manner is calming and caring. I am now looking forward to having a brow lift and breast augmentation by Dr. Elam in August. I will keep you posted.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

While traveling in California, I went to Dr. Elam to take care of some scarring on my forehead from treatments I had as a teenager. Everyone in the office was incredibly helpful and informative. I was expecting this to be a VERY expensive surgery but Dr. Elam explained that some simple Botox would clean everything up. I was in and out of there in an hour and my forehead looks amazing. I only wished I would have seen him years ago. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

Please do your research, this Doctor does not have your best interest in mind. There are so many great Surgeons out there, stay away from this one. Does not listen to what you want. He just wants your money, like most of them out there. But there are surgeons who want your money and will do a great job and stand by their work. He did not stand by what he said he was going to do. I never even got to speak with him more than a few times, he doesn't care. Please, this is your body and money, choose another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Dr. Elam suggested and performed full-body sculpturing liposuctions that did not turn out well. I specifically explained what my expectations were. If he was incapable of providing what I wanted, he should have been honest enough to tell me so. Elam had to perform two operations on me because the results were uneven the first time. After the revision he performed begrudgingly, my leg was left rippled and nerve-damaged. Now, I wear long pants to hide the results, and (years later) I'm suffering chronic pain from nerve damage. Unfortunately, for us, he must have had a great defense lawyer during his 1990 malpractice lawsuit. His medical license was restored which leaves the public at risk. If he damaged me without taking responsibility, there are most probably other victims. If I had been informed earlier, I would not have gone to him and would not be deformed and suffering today. It looks as though his staff and friends are giving him all the kudos & accolades. BE CAREFUL!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

RUN!!!I had breast augmentation sugery Feb. 2008. My life was NEVER the same. I could not wear a bra for over THREE YEARS. Severe pain began immediately and I now live in constant chronic pain in my breasts that radiates to my back. Had implants removed by a plastic surgeon who stated in the sugery report that implants were place "UPSIDE DOWN". I am now on PERMANENT DISABILITY due to this pain. Dr. Elam was full of excuses and just wanted to get rid of me. PLEASE read about how Dr. Elam lost his license for years and also tried to collect on a disability policy for his mental state! RUN from this guy.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

Dr. Michael V. Elam's Credentials

• Louisiana State University (Grad. 1974)

Sask Health