Ratings for Dr. Richard A. BERRY

I have been coming to this dentist since I was 5 ... I am now 24. Until recently I had no issues with this dentist (although my mother never agreed with his services). I came in for a conversation about my TMJ a month after my regular 6 month cleaning. He coded my appointment as an emergency examination, when in reality, we had a 5 minute conversation costing me $70. Did not do any examination. After a phone call with MetLife, they said it should have been coded as a consultation. I called back the office and the receptionist refused to change the coding after talking to Dr. Berry. In my opinion, they refused to change the coding because Dr. Berry will do anything to get more $ from you. I have been a patient for 19 years, have perfect teeth, and now I have a TMJ problem and he charged me $70 for a conversation that insurance would cover if he coded it correctly, but he gets more $ from emergency examinations instead of consultations. I will never return tho his office.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2012