Ratings for Dr. Anitra L. Johnson

With Dr. Johnson I could have died. She missed the signs of an ectopic pregnancy and told me "it's not ectopic" she and her staff pretty much ignored my phone calls and brushed them off. I had intense one sided cramps and bleeding for about 4 weeks. I was seen once very early, but was not followed up with until several weeks had passed, despite my calling. I now know standard protocol in most other places would be blood draws every two days until around a 1500 hcg measurement where an ultrasound can be performed. My ectopic measured 7000 hcg. I was actually a patient of Dr. Files but was seen almost exclusively by Dr. Johnson. I went to a different obgyn for my next pregnancy and was much happier. I am now high risk for ectopic pregnancies and don't trust this office.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

She was the wordt doctor, ever. I understand my son had gastroschisis but, the way she handled it and was SO rude.. is beyond me. She acted like I was diseased and didn't offer any help finding a specialist. She immediately sent my husband and myself to her office and said she cant helo us because she doesn't know anything about it. We asked for a referral and she said she couldn't because she was busy with other patients, that someone would call us. Im so thankful i found a better recommend doctor through the hospital, who doesn't recommend or speak good of her. Thi wasnt my 1st pregnacy either so i dont unrealistic expectations from an obgyn. Just not someone who is arrogant and down right rude, even when she states she has no experience with something. just tactless all around. I recommend another doctor as do many other professionals, ask around about her.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Johnson since I found out I was pregnant. I'm 33weeks now, and I have really enjoyed her... reading the other comments about her yelling at patients made me laugh because I CANNOT see her doing that. She is professional but SO personable.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

The rudest person I ever met. She would be better cleaning restrooms . i think she mised a lot of classes during her education. She is in the wrong field.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

This is the worst Dr that I have seen in my life. I went to her office a year ago because I have pain in my right side she sent me to several places to get several test including an intravaginal ultrasoud. She never called me back and I assumed that everything was OK because the pain went away. During the visit she was rude, arrogant, cold etc. I didn't like her. This year I decided to see another Dr for my check up. This new Dr recommended a colonoscopy and they found that something was pushing my colon on the lower right side, the same side of my pain a year ago. I was in shock because I thought that I year ago I got a ultrasound and because they never called everything was OK. I called Dr. Johnson office to get the results and the nurse said that the blood test was normal, the mammogram was normal, the pap was normal……. And asked what happened with my ultrasound??? She said mmmmm the Dr needs to see this, she will call you back today. She never called I called the next day to find out that Dr. Johnson forgot to check my results a year ago. The vaginal ultrasound showed a big mass on my right side. Now a year later she said that I need a biopsy of the uterus. This Dr is a joke she should work in another field with no human been.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Love love love Dr Johnson. First baby, C-section, and I couldn't have asked for a better doctor. I am truly upset that my insurance will not allow me to deliver at a hospital that she delivers at if we do have a second baby.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Very rude and it was my first child .I literally was in labor and she told the nurses to send me home .Im telling you she needs to be investigated because she wAs also very rough with me after I had my son getting my placenta out and scooping it hurt really bad .i wish I would have done something to sue her but at the time I didn't have that much money .It was really really bad.Please do not go to this lady .

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr. Johnson just delivered my baby by c- section. My first child was delivered by another doctor and was a horrible experience. I was dreading my second delivery but Dr. Johnson took excellant care of me. I have worked in healthcare for fifteen years and have to say that the staff is lacking and do not know how to take proper phone messages. Dr. Johnson is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

Long waits, horrible treatment, lying staff that bills you self pay without previous notification. Poor professionalism.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Speaking as the husband, we visited OB/GYNs from the Women's hospital to around Clear Lake. We love Dr Johnson who has now delivered our second baby. The staff is sometimes frustrating, but they are still much better than other offices. She is professional, knowledgeable, caring, and amazing in action. Yes she is to the point sometimes, but if you have a headache or a gall bladder issue, etc, do you want her to hold your hand and tell you it is fine, or just give you a prescription, or (what she would do) let her tell you go see a specialist for your condition ? She is an awesome OB/GYN.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Dr. Anitra L. Johnson's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

HealthFirst