Ratings for Dr. Joseph B. Bikowski

Have been going here for a while, and at first they had a good staff and two Doctors in practice. Down to one Dr. and every time I come inn it's a new front staff. This time they claimed to have my appointment day after it was scheduled... And I KNOW it was for Mon, but when booking receptionist was struggling with system, and I confirmed again w/ her that it was for Mon. She said yes. They check people in out of order, so 2 patients e.g. arrived after me, were processed before me Finally realized their mistake today... said they will take me, 45 MINS later they still can't find my chart or check me in. This will be my last appointment here

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Within minutes of telling the staff what my allergies were the doctor pulled a syringe from his pocket and injected the very drug that I couldn't tolerate. Only then did he become marginally interested in me. Possibly concerned about an adverse event resulting in a lawsuit.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

The most rude, arrogant, Dr. I have ever gone to in my life. Unbelievably abrasive and condescending. Makes patients feel extremely uncomfortable and "stupid" if they dare ask a question. Steer clear of Bilkowski at all costs.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

I've have seen a dermatologist for 6 years for my acne and I thought I tried every solution for it and nothing has seemed to work. I switched to Bikowski after losing hope and He recommend Accutane at the first appointment. You can tell he is very confident in what he is doing and is one of the best. I would recommend him to anyone. He is the best.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2016

Found Dr. Bikowski after years of visiting doctors for psoriasis. Spent time and money seeing dermatologists in PA, VA and WV. Dr. Bikowski listens and then gives a candid AND accurate diagnosis . Absolutely the best doctor I have ever seen. Started seeing him in my early 20s... Almost 39 years later and wouldn't vonsider someone else. I recommend him to everyone!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

I have severe acne and have been to many doctors for it with no results for years. A co-worker of mine suggested I see Dr. Bikowski. I was warned his bedside manner isn't the best but he's an excellent Dr. - the best. So I though alright I want to get this taken care of so I made my appointment. The front end staff yes are busy but have always been very pleasant to me. The assistants also are Fantastic. His PA's are very friendly and I never feel rushed during my visit. Dr. B at first was a little gruff, but I was honest and upfront with him. After that he comes in the room joking with me. He and his PA's have actually cured my acne and gave me a new sense of confidence. Yes he's a busy Dr. and can come across 'mean' but he has always been very kind to me and when I was hosptialized was very empathetic to the situation. I would say his bark is much worse than his bite and he's actually a good person and an excellent Dr. I would recommend him to anyone who asks.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I find it funny and ironic that there are many complaints about Dr. Bikowski's disposition. The man has an abrupt sense of humor and really is a great dermatologist. I have been going to him for years and yes I thought all of these things on my first 2 visits. BUT he has been the only one who has cured my skin problems and taken care of my moles. I have been to many derms in the Beaver and Cranberry areas, it was time consuming and expensive to have to keep going back for the same thing to try different ointments because they really didn't know what the rash was that I had! Dr. Bikowski diagnosed me the first visit and the one cream cured me. I was not in his office for more than 5 minutes. I was appalled by that because we as patients think a doctor should ask us a thousand questions and be personal. If you are looking for a doctor to make you feel special, he is not your doctor. If you are looking for a doctor who really knows his profession then he is it. This man has a record long history of how he has been involved as a publisher upon his studies and an advisor to pharmaceutical companies. Research him. I think this will help people get over his warped sense of humor which I actually like now! I am now taking my kids to see him as well! His disposition is one of the reasons why you do not wait forever and you are in and out, after all isn't that one of your biggest complaints when you are the patient?

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

All you need to know is that a.) this was my initial appointment, and b.) I cancelled my followup appointment two minutes after I left the parking lot to tell them I won't be back.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

I find Dr B. to be a good Dr. yes, he can be abrupt and to the point. I like him as a professional, years ago his asst nurse scared my daughter who was may 4 at the time (she hates him to this day, but we still see him, actually his PA's). I like that he is prompt and you don't have to wait months and hours to see him. (we tried another Dr in the area, had to wait 6 mos for an apt, waited over 2 hours in the office and walked out. You can get into this Dr, we even now request to see his PA's instead of him. Like others have said, if you want hand holding and for someone to beat around the bush on your health, he is not for you.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

I was a new patient today at this office. Staff was courteous, helpful, very efficient and nice, to include the Physician Assistant. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the doctor himself. The doctor seemed annoyed upon entering the room, did a quick exam, seemed crotchety in how he asked me to rate my pain and then made a rude comment when I asked if my insurance would cover the cream he prescribed, he responded with sass stating "let me call Obama, oh wait, he is in Hawaii... if it's too expensive, then don't get it, the rash should go away on it's own in 4-6 weeks." The 2 PA's in the room stood there with flat looks, no response. I won't be returning to that doctor.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

Dr. Joseph B. Bikowski's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)