Ratings for Dr. Mayo F. Friedlis

my story is about treatment 27 years ago. but specifically because i remember the pain i was in and the treatment methods. i know opioid overuse is all the rage now; dr friedlis made sure that didn't happen to me. i had physical therapy but also psychological therapy to understand where and why the pain. i learned to monitor my activities, to do meditation and visualization instead of more drugs, to stand up for myself and explain to others why i could not do some things because of my muscle injury. i have not increased my medicines-OTC or prescribed-in these 27 years because dr friedlis and his office made sure i knew the pitfalls of managing the pain. in that time i have needed to work 3 jobs a week, and still handle the pain and support myself and my child without resorting to greater drugs. i feel very lucky to have had dr friedlis for my doctor and to never have felt the need to resort to stronger or overuse due to the treatment i recieved there. i bless you every day, dr friedlis, and even more now people are coming forward with their addiction stories. you should have had MY doctor.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Dr Freidlis listened well to understand my concerns and exhibited total professionalism along with some diffusing humor and knowledge-based confidence — all of which gave me the courage to go ahead.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

I was expecting too much in the way of pain relief. Dr. Frieidis is very cautious in administering the cortisone shots. I understand that he wants to ensure that I get the very best treatment. I like that he has asked me to record my experience with pain over the time until I see him again. I know that my condition is serious and that it will take time to recover.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2017

Dr. Friedlis is a fantastic physician and I trust him totally. I am scheduled for stem cell therapy and am looking forward to a very good outcome!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr Friedlis is a good doctor with a lot of experience and knowledge.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

It is almost a treat to come to this clinic, due to my experience with military medicine: endless wait times, bored, disinterested front desk staff, procedures that don't work, etc. Here you are well diagnosed, well treated, and all quickly. Thank you Dr. Friedlis and staff!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

From my experience, Dr. Mayo Friedlis is one of the very few physicians, who practice a systematic approach to problem solving. He is very focused, detail oriented and highly skilled professional with an excellent listening skills. Having him on your side is definitely half the battle.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Dr. Friedlis has made a huge difference in my pain, especially the neuropathy pain. This is the pain that keeps me a wake at night. It is so bad that I can't stay in bed. I have to get up and walk around around. I have to put on hard sole shoes in order to get any rest when the pain it at it's worse. The injections in my back are helping a great deal. Dr, Friedlis does not give up on me and that is good to know!.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

I have been a patient for around 5 years now, and I can say with certainty that there has been a discernible improvement in the basic qualify of life I can experience since I began treatments.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2016

Dr. Friedlis was very concerned for my comfort during the procedure and adjusted his technique which made all the difference. He's awesome!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Dr. Mayo F. Friedlis's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Mayo Friedlis is passionate about the science of pain management and committed to delivering the most effective therapies possible to each of his patients. Throughout his 25 years of experience he has actively enhanced his knowledge and expertise through continuing education, training and research. This has established him in the region as the foremost practitioner of Regenerative therapies for musculoskeletal injuries. In addition to being skilled in conventional interventional techniques, Dr. Friedlis is one of few physicians in the Washington DC metropolitan area trained to perform Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy, and is one of the first doctors in the area to use Stem Cell Therapy for musculoskeletal injuries, in particular knee and hip arthritis.

• Spanish
  • English

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)