Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Sellman

I would not reccommend Dr.Sellman. His temperment is that of a petulant adolescent. He should not interact with patients. He is abusive, antagonistic and he easily creates a hostile patient doctor environment. I can not assess his medical skills due to the fact that he never offered any. In closing, the staff is good and I experienced acceptable wait times. If one increases those category ratings you only rating the doctor higher. I rate Dr. Sellman as a disgrace to doctors everywhere.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

My experience with dr Sellman was amazing. He was attentive . He actually looked at me and listened to my symptoms, my concerns, my own self diagnosis and research and we came to a diagnosis together. I've never had a physician treat me like a valued part of the diagnostic process. He was right on. Prescribed the right drug. Worked closely with me to get the right dose and cared about my quality of life. Staff can be a bit abrupt but also worked well with me to get prior authorization for medication. He is a bit quirky but who cares when he is such a great neurologist!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

I saw him following having a stillborn to try and get a resolution to my migraines since I was no longer pregnant. He was incredibly rude, asked why I was still crying after a month later from losing my daughter and FELL ASLEEP while I was talking to him. He offered me no real help and was just incredibly condescending and I would NEVER recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

Dr Sellman has not made any test and got my diagnostic out of his pants. He has no knowledge about my medical history but because he was getting paid by the workers comp, he wrote his report favoring who paid them. I am suffering with symptoms that I never had before i was rear ended and yes, I am freaked out.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2012

After waiting over 2hrs to see him, he was very rude and disrespectful and spoke to me in a very condescending manor.He never addressed my immediate pain or any other concerns I mentioned.He ordered an MRI for a stroke and never called me back to discuss results nor would he return any calls.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

flag | Submitted November 3, 2010

This doctor is not for people with MS. He was unwilling to work with me. And was very quick to end the appt.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2010

He is excellant, after 8 specialist he was the only one that could figure out what was wrong with me

flag | Submitted March 23, 2010

I saw Dr. Sellman on a recomendation from a fiend after a very bad experience with a different Neurologist. I had a VERY difficult case, and he was as determined as I was to find out the cause of my symptoms instead of treating the side effects. Recommend that anyone who does make an appointment with him that you make the appt early in the morning. He can sometimes get backed up in the afternoon since he will take the time to listen to your problems.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2008

I waited 20 minutes before asking the 3 staff members that were behind the counter to help me. I think waited 25 more minutes to be seen. At my follow-up appointment Dr. Sellman was condescending and was annoyed that I was asking questions. I left feeling that I needed to find a new doctor and get a second opinion. He prescribed medication and when I asked about any side affects he was very sarcastic. I would not recommend this doctor to family or friends because of the overall poor service that I received from the front desk to the doctor's office.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

Dr. Michael S. Sellman's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)