Ratings for Dr. Gregg M. Szerlip

This doctor on my first visit for continuing pain management was arrogant, disrespectful, and told me I had an addictive personality because I had been taking the medication, as prescribed, by my former doctor. I had to find a new pain management doctor because I went off Medicaid and had purchased health insurance. I told the doctor how my Pain Management Specialist had been treating me and he said "well I'm not going to do that, you have an addictive personality, did you know that?" That was in the first 2 minutes of the first visit. More importantly this doctor NEVER once got up from his chair behind his desk to examine me! He schedules appointments starting at 2:00 PM on Mondays and Thursdays, problem with that is he doesn't even arrive in the building until 3:00 PM on a regular basis. They're billing department is clueless, I had to demand a bill after the third visit because I had still not received one. When I changed my insurance six months after going to Dr. Szerlip at Long Island Medical Associates I requested that they fax a summary of my last 2 visits to my new doctor (who was actually my old doctor since I now had insurance that he accepted) and was told "we don't fax medical records." So I went to my new (old) doctor's office and signed a release which they immediately faxed to Dr. Szerlip's office. I waited a week and my new doctor's office said they hadn't received anything. I called Long Island Medical Associates on a Friday, evidently medical records don't work on Friday. I called back on Monday and had to leave a message. I called back that afternoon and was told it takes at least a week. I waited another week and called again. Again a voicemail, I asked to speak to the office manager and told her I had been waiting two weeks for a simple summary of my last 2 visits. They faxed it! However, the summary that Dr. Szerlip wrote says HE STOPPED SEEING ME! because he wanted me to lose weight and I was gaining weight every month! HE didn't stop seeing me, I requested that summary because I was going back to my old doctor because I was now eligible for Medicare and my old doctor accepted that insurance. When I saw my old doctor he told me what the summary that Dr. Szerlip said, and said he didn't understand it because the last time this saw me I weighed 319 lbs. and now I weigh 322 lbs. So I gained 3 lbs. over the 6 months that I saw Dr. Szerlip and he claims he stopped seeing me, and it was because I was gaining weight every month! By the way, my old (new) doctor actually examines me and doesn't carry out his office visits sitting behind a desk and being condescending and arrogant. I am filing a complaint with New York State care/treatment and for lying about saying he stopped seeing me and why.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

This man is a disgrace and a liar. I would strongly suggest you see anyone but him.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Dr. Szerlip is the rudest and poorest excuse for a doctor.in fact I had to report him for verbal abuse and discrimination. He also has no idea how to diagnose his patients correctly.He accused me of making up my pain and as it turns out I have a large tumor compressing my spine.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

Dr. Gregg M. Szerlip's Credentials

• Southeastern College Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Top Urgent Care Centers in West Babylon, NY