Ratings for Dr. Walter W. Strash, D.P.M.

Stop your search for podiatrists and book an appointment with Dr. Strash. He is incredibly adroit and I assure you that you will not regret it. I had avoided seeing a podiatrist for my uncomfortable big toe nails which had grown into mean ingrown nails. As a runner, I became discouraged as I wasn't able to stay fit or go running due to my stabbing jagged nails. I also felt awkward always requesting to get my toe nails out at a salon knowing that's not really their job description (to be a mini surgeon). After watching enough ingrown toe removal videos I knew at some point I would have to get this done. I had built up so much anxiety about the whole process that I became obsessed with reading reviews on podiatrists. I have been diligently looking for a great podiatrist for about five years on and off and I was willing to travel even outside of the country to find someone. After much research, I was willing to travel to Canada where there are ample podiatrists who had thousands of testimonies, stories, and everything that I was searching for in a doctor. I then came across Dr. Strash who was on the same Canadian list of doctors. I decided to drive from Austin to San Antonio to see him. After explaining to the assistant why I waited so long on and how I was willing to travel to Canada, I learned that Dr. Strash is in fact from Canada. This cracked me up and made me feel so much better due to my personal research. As far as the procedure itself- yeah, it hurts, but just the needle which injects the novacaine. After that you don’t feel a thing, promise. The healing process which is up to the patient to make sure we keep it clean and soak it. I did experience pain that night as the injection wore off and called the doctor at a very late hour. At that time, I had built up enough of a good rapport to want to finish the job on my other toe. This time I had a very quick and painless recovery. The real results will be years from now to determine if this was a success or not. Until then I will say this was successful so much to the point that I could trade this man out with a family member. Dr. Strash really impressed me with his bedside manner. I even asked him to help me trim down my toe nails especially since I felt uncomfortable about infection risk and judgement at a nail salon. Overall, I am very passionate about getting this issue resolved and feel like I could become a ingrown toe nail removal spokeswoman, honestly. The bedding of your big toes have nerve connection throughout your body and I immediately felt a difference with my jaw and my TMJ has subsided. Thank you for existing and if you are in need of a podiatrist, rest assured you found your doctor. Personal note: Thank you Dr. Strash and Brittany (surgery coordinator) for holding my hand and being explanatory human beings towards someone who has a fear of needles.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2019

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Strash and his staff. From the first time we met I knew I'd be in good hands. Since I'd never had surgery before I had a lot of questions and Dr. Strash was always ready to answer them. My surgery went well and my foot is doing so much better. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2018

Dr. Strash, Brittany and Rani are all very helpful and attentive. The doctor spent time with me and explained my foot problem. I'm now back to exercising pain free.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2018

My surgery was explained to me. I had little to no pain after and I am now fully recovered. Thank you Dr. Strash and your wonderful staff.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

Dr. Strash is an excellent podiatrist. I highly recommend him to anyone with foot or ankle issues. Or if you are interested in preemptively preventing issues from occurring. The staff is very friendly and the wait times are short.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

Dr. Strash and his staff are simply amazing. They are knowledgeable, but even more importantly they care deeply about their patients. Beautiful new offices and great staff and doctor as always. Thanks for all you do!!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

Dr Strash , staff and his surgical center were all terrific! They are skilled, caring and very thorough with the care of my daughter and her fractured foot and repair. Wonderful Doctor and staff.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

I would definitely recommend Dr.Strash. Great bed side manner, helpful and knowledgeable. He put me at ease and took great care of me.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

I was spraining my ankle a lot and my ankle felt loose. Dr. Strash did surgery and now my ankle feels stronger. I'm back to playing sports. He and his staff are great.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

Dr. Strash is a fantastic podiatrist... very knowledgeable and great communication. Staff is fantastic as well.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Dr. Walter W. Strash, D.P.M.'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Walter “Wally” Strash is a graduate of Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine and Carleton University. He is board certified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery in both foot and reconstructive rearfoot/ankle surgeries. In 1991, Dr. Strash founded Alamo Family Foot and Ankle Care, P.A. In addition to evaluating and treating patients, Dr. Strash is active in various clinical research projects with an interest in diabetic foot ulcers and pain management, a lecturer and consultant, an associate professor at the University of Texas San Antonio Health Science Center’s Department of Orthopedic Surgery, and serves on the board of the Specialty Surgery Center. Additionally, he has been published in numerous medical journals and books, including Clinics in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, Foot and Ankle Quarterly, The Journal of Foot Surgery and Principles & Practice of Podiatric Medicine.

• Temple University School Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1988)

• Broken ankle/broken foot