Dr. Richard R. Perez

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Richard R. Perez

Dr Pérez has performed bunion removal on both my feet. He explained the surgery and put me at ease. I am three months after my surgery and very pleased with my results. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2018

Dr. Perez and his staff were wonderful when I came to them with a hammertoe. He was thorough in his examination and explained just what it was that needed to be done. He then performed the surgery and even though I'm an elderly individual, the recover was smooth.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

After having my foot crushed by a heavy object I was told by another physician that my toe was dislocated and he was going to reset it. Having looked at the x-ray I was skeptical, so I requested to go to a specialist. Luckily I asked for a specialist because when Dr. Perez saw my x-ray he said everything was intact and I just needed to have my nail removed. Dr. Perez spared me from another physician breaking my toe! All the while his staff were wonderful and very quick to help. Thank you!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

I've had surgery done on both feet at separate times and the results up to this point are very good. Dr. Perez explains the procedures and has patience when answering questions. He has several locations making it convenient to see him. Would not hesitate in recommending him.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

Horrible experience. I am diabetic. I came in with foot pain in both feet. He spent approximately 10 minutes with me and said he only had time to look at one foot. I'm on my own for the other one. I hope I don't have to get it amputated.

Submitted March 7, 2018

Professional, actually listened to me, did not act like he was doing me a favor, spent time explaining, reassuring. I thought he was the epitome of an excellent Doctor.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

Dr Perez is very good at listening to what is wrong with you rather than telling you what's wrong with you and then working with you to resolve the problem and not just treat the symptoms. He took his time to listen to me. That means alot.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

I was able to be seen the same morning I called in, I was grateful as I was in lots of pain.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Most wonderful and personable physician I have ever been too. Very conservative and helpful. I have seen him on one other occasion and with an injection I could move my foot in all directions, best doc ever, Thank you!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

I take all my family to see Dr Perez. He has taken good care of us for a long time.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

Dr. Richard R. Perez's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Originally from Medellin, Colombia, Dr. Perez grew up in Florida and studied Biology at Florida State University. Dr. Perez received his Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine from the Des Moines University’s College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery. Dr. Perez completed a fellowship and residency in reconstructive foot and ankle surgery with special emphasis on trauma at Broadlawns Medical Center, Des Moines, IA. He is board certified by the American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. He has lectured to professional societies on various aspects of cutting edge techniques in foot and ankle treatment. He has lectured extensively on modernization of patient centric processes leveraging modern technology to improve patient care. His areas of clinical interest include: bunion surgeries which emphasize early mobility and optimal cosmetic appearance, minimally invasive trauma reconstruction, sports injuries and plantar fasciitis which has not improved with standard treatments. His primary focus is to deliver timely and comprehensive care, utilizing non-surgical means whenever possible. Dr. Perez speaks both English and Spanish. Dr. Perez lives in San Antonio, Texas. He is an avid cyclist and can usually be found pedaling the Texas Hill County on the weekends.

• Spanish
  • English

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1995)

• Plantar fasciitis