Ratings for Dr. Joanna K. Chon

I have been seeing some of the best urologists in the world and my husband and I were disgusted with the treatment and attitude of this practice and Dr. Chon. It was all about money and the doctor was not willing to work with my other doctors - who are leading specialists - which Dr. Chon admitted she wasn't. Dr. Chon pushed hospitalization for my issue which is not in accordance with the American Urological Association guidelines for treatment of my problem. First you try more conservative therapy then, if all else fails you hospitalize. The staff only cared about getting my money (even though I have the best health insurance money can buy and offered to pay out of pocket and send the bill in to my insurance). When they couldn't figure my BCBS PPO insurance out they told me I could go across the street to another urologist if I wanted to do so! I've gone around the world to pay for medical care and was shocked by this response. The staff kept me waiting 1 1/2 hours until they finally accepted my insurance and made me pay all of $40 copay upfront. Dr. Chon also wanted an excorbitant price for a laser procedure. When I questioned her on the price, since the doctor who invented the procedure charges much less as does an internationally recognized urologist in Washington, DC, Dr. Chon told me I could shop around! In the end, we walked out of the office which I have never done. I was appalled by my treatment, the doctor's attitude and advised my other doctors around the world about Dr. Chon's behavior and attitude.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

She was excellent. She answered all of our questions and spent a lot of time with us and did an excellent job of diagnosing and treating a complicated situation.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

I found Dr. Chon to be very easy to talk to, very thorough in explaining my concerns, and very knowledgable in her expertise. She performed surgery for me twice and I highly recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

I found Dr. Chon rather agressive in manner and perhaps the sort of dr that orders any and all tests available regardless of convenience and cost to patient.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

arrived on time, waited 1 hour, additional 15 minutes in exam room received the proverbial bums rush in a total of 3 minutes time she presented as hurried harried and the quality of care was shameful and perfunctory I initiated an immediate transfer of all medical records strongly suggest you take your health care needs elsewhere doug called to attempt damage control assures me that this lousy care will be addressed im not optimistic

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Dr Chon is a doctor for profit. Do not use her. She pushes biopsies that are not needed if you have insurance that pays. Administrator Doug, totally unprofessional. Horrible practice.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

Dr. Joanna K. Chon's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Bonita Springs, FL