Ratings for Dr. John G. Allred

We had trusted in the staff and this physician and have been greatly disappointed, over and over again. I have yet to visit a physician and his office that was this rude. Be careful, they will turn on you too out of no where.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

We love Dr Allred! He had been our pediatrician for the last 10 years and has truly become a trusted friend of our family. My son has autism and Dr Allred and his staff have always gone out of their way to accommodate a not-so-easy patient. From answering phone calls after hours, calling us just to check in, or finding alternate methods to diagnose an issue when my son is uncooperative, he goes above and beyond. He listens and treats me like a team member as we work together to find solutions that work. I highly recommend him; not only is he a great doctor, he's a good man.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Just found out about this site and thought I'd look up my peditrician. I knew he would have the highest ratings since he has been a "godsend" for my family. I have adopted my children and two of them have had special needs. Dr. Allred was able to diagnose my son's ADHD early. I so appreciated all of the options he offered me, education, further research, help groups, medications, alternative methods such as diet etc. My youngest daughter had open heart surgery as a baby in another country. Dr. Allred has kept a close watch on her and put us in touch with additional experts. Also I have known a lot of fearful moms who just want their doctor to give them a quick fix for their sick child. Dr. Allred has always been good at listening but he won't prescribe an antibiotic if it won't help, he isn't going to put aside his knowledge just because I might be a bit panicky. And most importantly my children LOVE going to see Dr. Allred and his staFf. They think he's fun! WOW!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

Dr. Allred himself is very knowledgable and likable. However, I was not impressed with his staff. When I asked about my child getting the Dtap vaccination the medical assistant/nurse corrected me and said Tdap, which is the adult version of the immunization. Dtap is the child vaccination. I feel she should know this as a person working in a pediatric office, especially as the medical assistant/nurse administering the vaccinations. I was concerned with this particular medical assistant/nurse giving my child vaccinations, because she didn't seem to have the necessary knowledge about them. I also seemed to know more about infants in general than she did as she didn't know how to answer any of my questions, responding with, "You'll have to ask Dr. Allred."

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

Wow, I have no idea where these negative reviewers are coming from. Are we meeting with the same doctor? Dr. Allred truly takes more time to answer questions and explore options than any doctor I've been to. He is a very upbeat person and his answers seem grounded in common sense as well as medical knowledge. I can't even imagine him getting angry with a parent. He often lauds my parenting efforts and is sweet with my kids. We love him!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

I recently took my baby into Dr. Allred for his well baby check. Dr. Allred and his staff treated me like I was inept and they talked down to me because I do things for my babies on their own time. They treated me like I don't know what's best for my babies individual needs. I was shocked because I've had a great relationship with this doctor in the past. He and his staff were so offensive, and they tried to bully me in such a way that we are now looking for a new doctor. I felt like I was just another number passing through his office and that my baby was to be treated the same as the rest of the babies in the world, almost as though there was nothing individual about him. This was very disheartening. Mom's are given a motherly instinct for a reason, and Dr. Allred seems not to recognize that.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

Dr. Allred has changed since we first started seeing him. He used to listen to me as a parent and trusted my judgment. Lately though it feels like we are more of a number. He recently told a family member "If you cared about your child as much as I did..." His office now has a new "all or nothing" mantra regarding vaccines. No delays, their schedule or none at all. It's refusing to let parents choose what they feel is best. Dr. Allred's condescending, superior way of talking to parents is extremely off-putting. Do your children and yourself a favor and interview your pediatrican to find out if they support your ideals as a parent. I have been interviewing pedi's lately and I haven't realized what else is out there. I am amazed. For the record, Dr. Allred's PA's are amazing. They listen and care and make you feel like your opinion is valued. I don't know if they have to follow the new vac protocol.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2010

Dr. Allred does not answer your questions fully. If you ask a question his reply is "Visit this website" or "Read this book". Some people don't have the time or money to buy and read all the books, sometimes you just need answers. Which he will not provide. He rushes you out of his office like you do not matter. DISLIKE HIM!!!!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2010

I love Dr. Allred! We have been going to him for the past 5 years. He is very thorough, takes time to answer my questions. He is awesome with my boys! I have never had a problem with him. I would totally recommend Dr. Allred!!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

JERK JERK JERK! I always spoke very highly of Dr. Allred, even though he wasn't our pediatrician anymore but last month i'd had enough! My son is high risk and needed an H1N1 flu shot. He had it in the afternoon and by 11:30 that night he was thrashing around, screaming, inconsolable, and not "himself" I called the office and they paged the doctor on call...Dr. Allred. He called me back and I explained that I felt it might be a reaction to the flu shot. He was very rude and said "you are his mother and YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO CONSOLE HIM" He attacked my parenting and discounted my sons issues to be all in my head. Luckily my son got better after a few days but I will NEVER EVER EVER allow any of my kids to be seen by this d-bag.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2009

Dr. John G. Allred's Credentials

• Southeastern College Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Commercial Insurance Company