Ratings for Dr. Joanne C. Peranio

Horrible! During a panic attack episode i went to her for emergency help. i was told she didn't have time and that if i didnt leave she would call police. she doesn't care about anything except collecting the insurance payments.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2011

Went to this Dr a few years ago. She was unproffessioal and cold. She lost interest in me once I was an established patient. I could not get her to call me back for medication refills. She got nasty with me when I called her on that. Come to find out, from other people who went to her, disheartening stories of their experiences. DON'T go to this DR!!! If you do get a second opinion. She is a quack.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

has helped me with schizophrenia for past two years excellent dr.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2010

I really like Dr. Peranio. She listens and I found her to be knowledgeable and caring. It didn't take long to get me on the medecine that worked best for me.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2009

As other folks have stated, she just prescribes various medications. She is not at all helpful for actually treating a problem. If you are looking for someone who will blindly prescribe medications, this is the doctor for you.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2009

I had a hard time finding a psychiatrist I felt comfortable with. I find Dr. Peranio very personable and easy to talk to and relate with. She has been very helpful for me.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2008

She's fine for uncomplicated problems. When things get difficult, she will give up on you (the patient) and turn to medications that arent appropriate like antipsychotics. I had to beg her to take me off of them because I couldn't think. My doctor now does not understand why she ever put me on them. Ok for simple problem but if you have a chronic condition, or greater concerns than mild depression or anxiety, seek someone with more expertise. You will not get it from her. Her cognitive therapy skills were very lightweight. She's not the worst but she's far from the best.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2006

Very thorough, calming, caring, and personable.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2006

Dr. Joanne C. Peranio's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1989)

Top Hospitals in Wyckoff, NJ