Ratings for Dr. Robert V. Newman

Dr. Newman delivered both of my children. My second pregnancy was rough at the end because my blood pressure spiked so high I'm could have had a stroke. He made sure after I had the baby and went home that I had round the clock care. I had a home nurse for me the next six weeks until my pressure stabilized. I trust his professional judgement and yes his humor is crazy but I wouldn't want any other care from another Dr.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

Dr. Newman was my doctor for both of my pregnancies. I had no issues with his care for me or my babies. His sense of humor was great for my husband. I was a little more sensitive the 2nd pregnancy and didn't appreciate it as much. Unfortunately he never got to deliver either of my babies because I progressed so quickly, neither of which was his fault. He did come in afterwards to deliver my placenta both times and all the fun stuff that happens immediately after having a baby. ;) You can tell he gets excited to deliver babies. I was induced with my first and I beleive 100% that the methods he chose kept me from needing a c-section. He monitored the baby and my blood pressure very closely. And when babies heart rate showed some stress he tried some different methods to bring it down before ever suggesting a c section. With my 2nd baby he was 100% supportive on my goal of a natural unmedicated labor and delivery. I just didn't give him a chance during my delivery because we got to the hospital less than 10 minutes before I delivered him. He rushed there but didn't make it in time. All and all he is a very knowledgable doctor and knows what he is doing. He has the skills and know-how that made me feel very confident in his ability to care for my babies and myself. I have friends who go to him and love him and I know 2 people who went to him and switched doctors immediately. His bedside manor isn't for everyone. I'll likely go with a midwife if I ever have another baby. We are moving to Buckeye and Scottsdale would be a bit of a drive anyway. If I ever needed a 2nd opinion on anything pregnancy or birth related, I would get it from him. So if you're looking for an amazing competent doctor and can get by a dry sense of humor that borders inappropriate , he is your guy.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

Incorrect diagnosis, unnecessary tests, abrupt manner, seems to have lost interest in his patients

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

I've had only the most positive experiences with Dr. Newman. He is a phenomenal physician, and has a wonderful bedside manner. He keeps things light with a hysterical dry sense of humor, but when things get serious, he is all business. He delivered a baby of mine at a very young age which was given up for adoption, and 16 years later he is still my physician and will be delivering my twins this summer. My husband loves him, and we both completely trust him.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Dr. Newman was knowledgeable and supportive through my difficult pregnancy. His demeanor and professionalism and sense of humor were greatly appreciated. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

I had my daughter last September. I was seeing a different doctor at PV but when I went into labor my doctor was on vacation. To my dismay, dr. Newman was the doctor on call that night. I was separated from my husband when I gave birth so he was not there. Instead I had my mother and father there with me. It was my first baby so naturally I was freaking out. I pleaded with doctor Newman to let me have a c section. (I had a very long labor. It was 37 1/2 hours long without an epidural and I hadn't slept or eaten) Despite my pleads he insisted that I deliver naturally.. He made comments like, this is why sixteen year olds shouldn't have kids and things of that sort. I was 22 not 16 but that's still beside the point. I found him rude and his behavior uncalled for. He didn't respect me or my wishes. The only praise I give him is that he delivered my beautiful daughter naturally amd healthy.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Dr.Newman has a dry sense of humor but he is the best OBGYN I have ever been too. So sensitive women need to give a second thought before judging him

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Dr. Newman is an amazing Dr. He delivered my first 2 and if I should get pregnant again he will deliver my 3rd. He does have a dry sense of humor but he is knowledgeable, sweet and his staff cares. He is always on time which I think is way more important then whether he was "sweet" to your husband. His office is always clean, again which is more important that he made a joke about how big you got ( we all do) say ditto and move along. :) he is great.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Smug, unhelpful and rude describe this doctor. Good luck!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Dr. Newman enters the room and his first statement to my husband? "Who's your 'lil buddy?" Second statement by Dr. Newman, "Was this a planned pregnancy or not?" Who cares? We are married and YES it was planned. The baby is now deceased----who cares if it was planned? Dr. Newman was physically rough with me and the ultrasound machine and I asked him to be gentle as I was in pain. He told me that I was all empty and no baby was inside of me. No need for a D&C. Phew! I was so relieved and went home to recover. Nine hours later I passed the baby. How did he miss that on the Ultrasound machine? What an incompetent doctor with poor equipment! If you want poor care, awful bedside manner by Dr. Newman, disorganization and "old equipment"....visit PV OBGYN. They will have all four of those things waiting there for you!

Submitted August 29, 2014

Dr. Robert V. Newman's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)