Ratings for Dr. Jay M. Raja

Dr. Jay Raja is a highly recommended and professional gastroenterologist. I have been a patient of his since 1996. I had a serious digestive problem at the time and he performed his best to correct the problem. I have the highest regard for him. Being a volunteer at Englewood Hospital he always has time to chat with me even if he is in a hurry. He is very compassionate and caring.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2011

Dr. Raja has absolutely no bedside manner. At my first appointment, he seemed somewhat uninterested, showed little concern, made an immediate decision as to my problem without any exam or procedure. When the procedure was done (colon), he "stopped by" the end of my bed and made a comment that I found inappropriate, but didn't take the time to come next to the bed and explain his findings in detail, what I should do in the future, ask if I was okay, and make sure I was clear on my situation. Although I had issues, the "Doctor recommends" instructions on the exit sheet said "none".He left it up the the nurses to instruct me. I need a doctor that shows more interest.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010

Had problem with my colonoscopy. He was more concerned about fighting with the nurses than with me .I beleive that is why he caused me to have bleeding the next day. had to go back to have it taking care of.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2010

Dr Performed an unnecessary procedure, Caused a second procedure to be performed by surgeon, denied information to the patient, withheld information regarding a second proc/edure, performed procedure without informed concent.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2008

Doctor Raja has treated my parents for over 20 years. He has been very knowledgable throughout the years caring for my mother, staying on top of the most up to date treatments. She has a fairly rare auto-immune disorder. He also showed us great compassion when treating my father in his final days. I will always be grateful to him for his kindness. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2007

Dr. Jay is very helpful. He will bend over backwards to help you to help yourself.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2006

I believe Dr. Raja is very knowledgeable in his field. I feel confident with him and I have some serious digestive problems.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2006

Dr. Jay M. Raja's Credentials

• Madras Med Coll, Dr M G R Med Univ, Madras, Tn, India (Grad. 1975)

Top Hospitals in Englewood, FL