Ratings for Dr. Leonard J. Bernstein

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Bernstein. He listened to my issues and provided laser therapy that greatly helped the appearance of a scar that I was very self conscious about. I would definitely visit him again. My complaint is with his billing staff. I had gone to see Dr. Bernstein for laser which is considered a cosmetic procedure that is not covered by insurance and paid for out of pocket - I knew this going in. I was met with and told before the procedure what my costs were. When checking in, I provided my insurance information because I was asked for it. I paid $400, which was the agreed upon price for my laser treatment (3 zaps by a laser that took under a minute). A few weeks later, I received an EOB from my insurance and realized that the office also charged my insurance for the $400 charge. I just bothers me that they double dipped on this procedure and were paid twice. I will make sure that this does not happen if I ever go back.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Horrible. Very disappointed by this doctor. Definitely cannot recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

Dr. Bernstein is a great doctor. He is the top in his field. He has been recommended to me by a medical referral service, the woman who gave me his name had a mole excision and was very satisfied with the results. He is friendly and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend him plus his precision work is better than a plastic surgeon. Had a mole removed by a plastic surgeon and one by him - and dr. Bernestein's job is by far better.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

Excellent experience with this doctor. Staff was very professional.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

Dr. Leonard J. Bernstein's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1991)