Ratings for Dr. Brent D. Laing

Been Going to Dr. Laing for 25 years and had numerous procedures done by him. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this doctor!!!!!!! I would highly recommend him to any and everyone!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Wonderful physician - very caring. ALWAYS takes time to answer questions or explain procedures.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

I was surprised to see some of the bad ratings on here. No Dr. Laing may not be the best people person if you are looking for conversation, but he is a very good doctor. He is a perfectionist with his work. If you do have any questions he will make sure to answer them in detail. He delivered my daughter in 2008 two weeks early in an emergency C-section, and as a new mother in a scary situation he made sure to keep me calm and confident that everything would be alright. Then he delivered my son in 2010 who was born with genetic problems with his ureters and kidneys. He caught these problems while I was still pregnant, but couldn't officially limit it down seeing as our only view at the time was through an ultra-sound. He took a great deal of time explaining the possibilities and actions we would take in the event of finding out the problem after delivery. He also recommended a wonderful specialist for my son. In 2012 he delivered my niece, another healthy baby and happy mother.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2013

My daughter just went for an appointment to get her birth control shot instead of going back to the health department. I recommended this office to her. She brought her records from the health department. They gave her the script to pick up the birth control injection and returned back to the office. Her appointmetn was at 1:30, at 2:45 she still had not been seen, she was told it would be a while longer, that the physician was out. My daughter made the lady at the desk aware she had been waiting, picked up the injection and just wanted someone to give it to her. She was told she had to see the physician, that others were before her. She explained that she had a 2 year old being restless and hungry. She asked for her records back. She was told it would take an hour to do that. Talk about poor customer service. Would not recommend anyone to go there. She is going to find another physicians office. Don't go there!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

Dr. Laing is one of the best. He delivered my baby and 2 months later he removed one of my ovaries due to a cyst. He always made me feel at ease and I was very confident in his ability to do his job.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

My wife and I went in for first new-mother OB checkup. We were face-to-face with him for literally about four minutes in total. He even answered a phone call while he was there! He did a breast exam (this took him about 25-30 seconds), then he did the fastest pap-smear ever (it took him about 45 seconds). He seemed to be in a rush and showed no desire to talk with my wife and me about anything. He wasn't overtly rude, but it was clear that he was not interested in building any type of doctor-patient relationship with us. Everything we've been told says that on a first OB checkup, especially for brand new mothers, the doctor will sit and talk with you about your history, any concerns you might have, give helpful advice about things to do or avoid, etc. Basically, have a conversation. We got no advice, and he asked "any questions?" as he was literally in the process of walking towards the door. We took our cue and walked towards the door ourselves, and we will not be returning.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2010

Went in for first new-mother OB checkup. We were face-to-face with him for literally about four minutes in total. He seemed to be in a rush and showed no desire to talk with my wife and me about anything. He wasn't overtly rude, but it was clear that he was not interested in building any type of doctor-patient relationship with us. Everything we've been told says that on a first OB checkup, especially for brand new mothers, the doctor will sit and talk with you about your history, any concerns you might have, give helpful advice about things to do or avoid, etc. Basically, have a conversation. We got almost no advice, and he asked "any questions?" as he was literally in the process of walking towards the door. We took our cue and walked towards the door ourselves, and we will not be returning.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

Dr. Brent D. Laing's Credentials

• Mc Master Univ, Sch Of Med, Hamilton, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1979)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal