Ratings for Dr. Robert Chen

I moved an hour away from Dr. Chen's office and where I live (Franklin, TN) has plenty of derms. I continue to rely upon Dr. Chen because he and his staff has always steered me right. I also have been referring anyone I know who needs a great dermatologist to Dr. Robert Chen.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

Dr. Chen is very knowledgeable, professional and helpful. His bedside manner is excellent and my skin condition cleared up right away after my prescription.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I had a great experience at acacia dermatology. The staff up front was very nice. Front desk got me an apt within a few days and I was in and out when I got there! This place is great!!!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2017

LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Chen and his staff. I drive over an hour to see him. Couldn’t ask for any better!! Wonderful job clearing my psoriasis!!!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

I have been under the care of Dr. Chen at Acacia Dermatology in Lawrenceburg for almost 10 years and I could not be more pleased. Dr. Chen is intelligent, loves practicing dermatology and over the years has always solved my skin care issues. His office staff is friendly and competent -- never did I have any problems communicating or getting an appointment that works for me. His clinic is the most beautiful medical office I have ever visited and I have been a registered nurse for over 20 years. I recommend Dr. Chen to all of my friends and family members with the utmost enthusiasm.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

My wife and I have had absolutely the best experience. Dr. Chen and his staff are outstanding--professional, knowledgeable and very pleasant. We not only consider him our doctor but our friend. In our opinion, Acacia Dermatology is the only place to go for your skin care needs.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2014

Friendly staff and very comfortable reception area. Minimal wait time and Dr. Chen is very knowledgeable. I am very satisfied - I would recommend this practice to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2014

Dr. Robert Chen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Robert Chen is the Medical Director of Acacia Dermatology in Lawrenceburg, Tennessee & Skin/Envy MD in Nashville, TN. He is a Board Certified Dermatologist and Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology. His goal is to provide quality, compassionate and comprehensive medical care, as well as safe and effective laser treatments and cosmetic procedures. Dr. Chen grew up in California and attended the University of California at Santa Barbara. During college, he was the recipient of the University of California President's Undergraduate Research Fellowship and was appointed the Graduation Commencement Speaker for his class. Dr. Chen received his medical training at the nation’s top institutions. He is a graduate of the University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine. During Medical School he was a Fellow of the prestigious Medical Scientist Training Program of the National Institutes of Health, which fully supported all of his rigorous scholarly activities leading to completion of both the MD and PhD doctorate degrees. After Medical School, Dr. Chen completed his Internship at the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center and received diverse training in key fields affecting skin care such as plastic surgery, vascular surgery, head & neck surgery, internal medicine, cardiology, obstetrics & gynecology, family medicine and pediatrics. Following Internship, Dr. Chen completed his Dermatology Residency at the University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine and Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in Nashville, Tennessee. During Dermatology Residency, Dr. Chen received exceptional, comprehensive training in medical, pediatric, and surgical dermatology—including Mohs Micrographic Surgery—from many of the nation's leaders in Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery. Subsequent to Residency, Dr. Chen completed his Fellowship training in Dermatopathology (skin pathology) at the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. While at the University of Chicago, he was also an Instructor in the Department of Medicine responsible for the training of medical students, interns and residents. After completing his Fellowship training, Dr. Chen accepted his current position as the Medical Director at Acacia Dermatology. Dr. Chen also maintains a busy practice providing expert Dermatopathology consultation services for other Nashville area dermatologists. Dr. Robert Chen is dual Board Certified in Dermatology and Dermatopathology and he is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology. Because of his extensive qualifications, Dr. Chen is positioned to diagnose and manage even the most difficult skin conditions.

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)
  • University of California San Diego (Grad. 2006)
  • University of California, Los Angeles (Grad. 2004)
  • Vanderbilt University (Grad. 2007)
  • University of Chicago (Grad. 2008)

• Mohs surgery
  • Psoriasis
  • Rosacea
  • Common warts
  • Plantar warts
  • Atopic dermatitis (eczema)
  • Contact dermatitis
  • Scabies
  • Actinic keratosis
  • Wrinkles
  • Sunburn
  • Itchy skin (pruritus)
  • Dry skin
  • Skin biopsy
  • Squamous cell carcinoma of the skin
  • Basal cell carcinoma