Ratings for Dr. James P. LEONE

Dr. James Leone seems like a very nice guy at first. I spent 1 year attending his groups, one each week. I also met with him individually. While he enjoys what he does, and his sense of enjoyment is initially infectious, it wears thin. I found Dr. James Leone's outlook on life, advice, and even behavior to be superficial. Then it becomes clear that Dr. Leone requires you to agree with him, and even degrades you if you fall out of line. Much more disturbingly, I found that he treats members of his group in cruel ways. Dr. Leone encourages people to speak abusively to each other, not assertively. There is no excuse for this. As a result, I left every group feeling worse than before I entered. I saw people becoming angry, confused, and literally react in shock to the emotional abuse he encourages in his groups. I doubt most people went out better than the way they came in.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016