Dr. Jacqueline Gutmann

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jacqueline Gutmann

I really cannot overstate how wonderful RMA Philadelphia and Dr. Gutmann were to work with. While (appropriately) never making promises about our ability to have a biological child, Dr. Gutmann assured us from the beginning that she would help us in every way she could to achieve our end goal. While I do think we were especially fortunate and would not expect such quick results again in the future, we ended up conceiving within 1.5 months of our initial visit with Dr. Gutmann, and our son is due October 5. It is evident from Dr. Gutmann's background and demeanor that this is not just a "job" for her but rather something she is passionate about. In addition to Dr. Gutmann herself, the entire RMA Philadelphia staff is truly the best medical staff I've ever come into contact with. Each nurse and office worker treated us with a human element in every interaction from grieving with us with the news that conceiving may be difficult, to discussing ways to keep processes affordable, to having a positive and friendly attitude at weekly blood drawings, to celebrating with us when we found out we were going to have a baby. While I am hoping we can conceive a second child without assistance, I would absolutely use RMA again if needed and would highly recommend Dr. Gutmann and the RMA Philadelphia practice to anyone having difficulty conceiving.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

The RMA Staff and Dr. Gutmann are wonderful. She is direct and very knowledgeable. Dr. Gutmann and the RMA staff communicate clearly and with compassion.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

RMA staff are excellent and so is Dr Gutmann. She is to the point and is very knowledgable. I like the fact she was extremely careful to make sure things worked out and didn't make us rush with anything. She is solution focussed and clears all concerns. I highly recommend her am equally happy with all other doctors and staff with RMA.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Excellent Dr with excellent knowledge...very helpful and caring ....

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Dr. Gutmann is a great doctor. She listened carefully to me and my husband, answered our questions, and reviewed our options. She's very knowledgeable and is a no frills type of doctor (in the best way possible). I love how she is always direct and to the point and very kind. Her staff at the office is wonderful as well, quick to return phone calls and I never had long waits. Dr. Gutmann and RMA are truly wonderful.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

Dr. Gutmann is a let's figure out your challenge and talk options / solutions doctor. She listened and answered questions, and made understanding what's going on easy to comprehend. Her staff of nurses at RMA are outstanding. I credit them with helping me stick to the fertility plan. Thanks to Dr. Gutmann and her team we have a healthy baby boy.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Dr gutmann is truly an expert in her field. Her knowledge and professionalism made a very difficult time for us bearable. She walked us through each option rationally yet was still sensitive to our feelings and emotions

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Dr. Gutmann was one of my favorite doctors to work with at the center city office! She was always compassionate to me and my husband, but also kept things light and funny making us feel more comfortable during a stressful time . I am very grateful towards her and look forward to working with her in the future

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

There is a reason why Dr. Gutmann has all FIVES for feedback ....she truly is an incredible doctor, in addition to the staff she surrounds herself with. The whole experience of working with RMA could not be any better from beginning to end. Infertility is just awful - there are no other words to describe it. The entire staff at RMA takes all of the unnecessary stress away from the situation, while Dr. Gutmann works directly with you from beginning to end answering all of your questions, being as direct and candid as possible. Her bedside manner is impeccable, her skills and knowledge are unbeatable. I am so thankful for my two sons, who I can credit BOTH to the RMA practice. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

Loved our IUI experience and highly recommend. Dr. Gutmann and the nurses were amazing.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Dr. Jacqueline Gutmann's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Gutmann received her medical degree from the Yale University School of Medicine, and completed her residency and fellowship in Reproductive Medicine and Infertility at the Yale-New Haven Hospital, where she received the Irving Friedman Award for Excellence in Patient Care and was also named a Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholar. She currently serves on the medical advisory board of the American Fertility Association (AFA). She has been featured on The Learning Channel and in Philadelphia Magazine. Dr. Gutmann is a Clinical Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Thomas Jefferson University.

• English

• Yale Univ Sch Of Med, New Haven Ct 06510 (Grad. 1985)

• Female infertility
  • Male infertility
  • Infertility
  • In vitro fertilization (IVF)
  • Egg freezing

• Purdue Frederick Award
  • Resident Teaching Award, Pennsylvania Hospital
  • Irving Friedman Award
  • Phi Beta Kappa

• Laparoscopy in the normal infertile patient. A question revisited. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 7:317-32, 2000
  • Ultrasound guided soft catheter embryo transfers will improve pregnancy rates in in vitro fertilization. Human Reprod 15:107-112, 2000
  • Inhibin B as a test of ovarian reserve for infertile women. Hum Reprod 14:2818-2821, 1999
  • Discontinuous Percoll gradient preparation for donor insemination: determinants for success. Human Reprod 12:2682-2686, 1997
  • A double-blind comparison of nafarelin and leuprolide acetate for down-regulation in IVF cycles. Int J Fertil Menopausal Stud 41:446-9, 1996.